• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I'll take a second look at the shotguns I have and if I decided to get rid of one or both I will try to give them to a fellow member

one if from a friend who's father passed away. The stock has been cut down and taped. Single shot, barely leagal, his advice to me was "throw it in the bay".

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    Anyone know if you were to do a regulated swap at the MSP barracks what the wait time is? Is it still 7 days or is it the current black hole?

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    accounts of conversations with Troopers have been pretty consistent at telling folks "7 days"

So then regulated purchases an happen faster "through" the barracks than one done through an FFL if I understand this correctly.

I'll be stopping by the Westminster Barracks tomorrow and see what there standing will be on my standing outside offering cash to people.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I liked the story where the guy turned in a rusty broken POS for a gift card, then went to the gun shop with the gift card to buy a new one.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    MoCo Police Chief was on WTOP the other day saying that they'd be set up in a location where it would be illegal for people to solicit to buy. That tells me it would be private property where they could control access more easily. You'll have to be crafty about where you set up.

Marylandfisherman

Self Aware
    Nov 10, 2011
    MoCo Police Chief was on WTOP the other day saying that they'd be set up in a location where it would be illegal for people to solicit to buy. That tells me it would be private property where they could control access more easily. You'll have to be crafty about where you set up.

Wouldnt the owner of the property have to tell you you couldn't be there?

On a side note, isn't it nice that the MoCo fairgrounds wont let anything gun related happen other than a gun "turn in":rolleyes:???

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    I stopped by the Westminster Barracks this afternoon on my way to work. They are doing the confisca...uh....turn in there. I asked if it would be ok to show up and do legal private transfers and he said he didn't think so as the goal is to waste tax paye....I mean get the guns off the streets. But the worst that could happen is I show up Saturday morning and ask the people destroying or freedo....I mean running the sting...there I go again sorry about that....I mean turn in if they were okay with it. The worst they could say is no and ask me to leave.

RustinRifle55

Feb 24, 2013
    St. James MD
    One in Hagerstown on Saturday. Sponsored by Hagerstown City Police. Newspaper said you are to leave the firearm in the trunk and go inside to get an officer. They will then come out and transport the firearm into the building. Nothing was stated as to how much is being paid. Paper very clearly sated no firearm can be brought in by a citizen....only after a officer takes possession can it come into the building.

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    Just spoke to the person in charge at the Westminster barracks. He said the only stipulation is you can't do it in te MVA or BARRACKS PROPERTY. The gas station across the street is fine. So I'm going to try and sit there and wave anyone in I see about to turn in anything. Anyone want to join me?

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    I should also state the the gas station across the street isn't in use. Also I'll only be here until about 1030 USB due to other obligations

vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Posted to FB: Today is Gun Turn-In Day in MD. Just an FYI: Turn in your guns and the State will also ask no questions. So, if you stole it, traded it illegally for drugs, used it to rob someone, or possibly got away with murder, you can safely get rid of the evidence.

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    Posted to FB: Today is Gun Turn-In Day in MD. Just an FYI: Turn in your guns and the State will also ask no questions. So, if you stole it, traded it illegally for drugs, used it to rob someone, or possibly got away with murder, you can safely get rid of the evidence.

Nice and too true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom