• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I have an old Crosman "150". Got it from an old girlfriend's Grandfather a long time ago and forgot about 'til I found it rummaging through some things. Trigger is "light" so I am thinking it was a target pistol of sorts.

Anyone know anything about them?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    My dad has a 150 (or something that looks exactly like it). It shoots .22 pellets and was generally fun to plink with. It did go through O rings pretty quickly as well as CO2 cartridges.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    My dad has a 150 (or something that looks exactly like it). It shoots .22 pellets and was generally fun to plink with. It did go through O rings pretty quickly as well as CO2 cartridges.

Thanks! Upon further inspection, doesn't look like it would hold a seal if I even tried to put a C02 cartridge in it. Hopefully I can find a smith to work on it. Seems like it could be fun.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I found this little-known internet resource which provides many useful and interesting links:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Cro...=chrome..69i57j69i61&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

This one was interesting:
    http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2005/06/crosman-air-pistols-then-now/

Apparently the 150 was introduced in 1954 and was the first gun to use the CO2 "Powerlet", which was invented by Crosman.

Yup, found those. Thanks! Don't really care though... Came here to get an MDS opinion and start a discussion.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    30 years ago on Kent Island we had trouble finding the cartridges. The local hardware store used to be our only source and they only got them in stock infrequently. That said, I hope to own the pistol one day.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I have at least one in my collection. Early Crosmans are easy to work on. You can download the operation and service manuals off the Crosman website. I have a bunch of nitrile o-rings in the common sizes (packs of 50 are a lifetime supply:)) if you need one. CO2 cartridges are avail everywhere now but I just order them in 100 packs online to get them cheap. Put a couple drops of pelgun oil (a silicone oil) on the needle before inserting the first cartridge. Might get it to seal after one or two w/o having to take it apart.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I've also heard that auto transmission sealer works well to renew the seals too. Trouble is one jug is enough for all the seals in North America.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I have one in my safe. I also have a box of powerlets or two. Someday, I was going to break it out and try it. Very likely has bad seals. I will have to check out those manuals. Thanks smdub.

Not sure it was really a target pistol, nor do i remember it being very accurate, but it was about 30 years ago when I last shot it. Mine is in good shape. I will post a picture this afternoon.

BigTinBoat

Jan 12, 2016
    Eastern Baltimore County
    I have an old Crosman "150". Got it from an old girlfriend's Grandfather a long time ago and forgot about 'til I found it rummaging through some things. Trigger is "light" so I am thinking it was a target pistol of sorts.

Anyone know anything about them?

The one I had wasn't a "target" pistol. With the front blade almost 1/8" wide it was not real accurate at all. I put a laser on it and could hit a golf ball at about 15yds 8 of 10 times.

They really are not hard to "re-seal". Basically o-rings is all. If the CO2 comes out the barrel when you first puncture the cart then the valve is leaking. If it comes out around the hammer area it's likely the valve o-ring. Simple to take apart, clean and replace 0-rings.

Here's the one I had. Some models did have a "dual power hammer".

Attachments

• 0124151005.jpg
      0124151005.jpg
      63.3 KB · Views: 315

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    The one I had wasn't a "target" pistol. With the front blade almost 1/8" wide it was not real accurate at all. I put a laser on it and could hit a golf ball at about 15yds 8 of 10 times.

They really are not hard to "re-seal". Basically o-rings is all. If the CO2 comes out the barrel when you first puncture the cart then the valve is leaking. If it comes out around the hammer area it's likely the valve o-ring. Simple to take apart, clean and replace 0-rings.

Here's the one I had. Some models did have a "dual power hammer".

Forgot to post my picture, but that is the one I have. The dual power hammer. One click is low power. Pull it all the way back 2 clicks to get full power.

BigTinBoat

Jan 12, 2016
    Eastern Baltimore County
    Oh you mean like 9mm vs. .45?

Discuss.

Not quite. It hammer hits a bit harder when it is cocked to the 2nd click. In the colder weather the difference is only about 15-25fps. Where the "High Power" position comes into play is when the temps go up, causing the CO2 pressure to go up. The CO2 (as temp rises) can get to the pressure where the 1st stage of the hammer will not fully open the valve and the shot will be less powerful. A situation known as "Valve Lock".

BigTinBoat

Jan 12, 2016
    Eastern Baltimore County
    Any recommendations on where I can get the O-rings?

I think they are a pretty common standard size. IIRC should be just 3 of them. One sealing the 2 halves of valve together, one sealing the valve to the tube and a 3rd (should be same size as valve to tube) sealing the end cap.
    Home Depot, Lowes or Tractor Supply should have them.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Any recommendations on where I can get the O-rings?

Again, I probably have them. Measure the size you need and I'll check. I can drop a couple in an envelope...

I searched and it sounds like these are the sizes needed (says there are 5):
    "The seal is a 113 (takes 2 of these) for the cap and outer valve
    112 for the inner valve
    007 for the bolt and the breech seal"
    I'll search my collection.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Again, I probably have them. Measure the size you need and I'll check. I can drop a couple in an envelope...

I searched and it sounds like these are the sizes needed (says there are 5):
    "The seal is a 113 (takes 2 of these) for the cap and outer valve
    112 for the inner valve
    007 for the bolt and the breech seal"
    I'll search my collection.

Very helpful. Thanks!

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I have the 113s. But only have 5,6,& 8s (no 7s) and no 112s. If you have to replace the valve seat, I have hdpe and Teflon tubing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom