• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    Considering there's a guy that just this past year successfully shot his .257 Airforce airgun 1065 yards with 5 consecutive hits on target the pcp bullet shooters are stretching the possibilities. If you're talking a PCO pellet shooter 100-150 yards is the max effective range for most. The spring and gas piston guns are 50-75 yards max IMO.

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Exactly where I want to be
    That's pretty much what I expected to see about a typical break barrel rifle but that 1065 is INCREDIBLE to say the least!!! I would guess the energy isn't a grand number - or are you going to blow my mind again?

C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    That's pretty much what I expected to see about a typical break barrel rifle but that 1065 is INCREDIBLE to say the least!!! I would guess the energy isn't a grand number - or are you going to blow my mind again?

Pcp rifles can be anything from 12ft/lbs up. I have a .72 caliber Extreme Big Bore that can make up to 1650ft/lbs using helium and a 735 grain slug.

Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014
    My air rifles are just stock out of the box. The furthest I have killed any thing is with my .22 RWS 34, a crow at 98 yards.

The rifle will shoot 3.5" at 100 yds.

My .25 marauder will shoot 1 3/8" at the same distance.

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Exactly where I want to be
    My air rifles are just stock out of the box. The furthest I have killed any thing is with my .22 RWS 34, a crow at 98 yards.

The rifle will shoot 3.5" at 100 yds.

My .25 marauder will shoot 1 3/8" at the same distance.

So is my Texan. I've only shot it 30 yards. I'm sure it will go 100 with the right round. But for me, it really is impractical. I'd like a good .25 cal instead if I can find a buyer for THE BIG'UN.

Last edited:

C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    So is my Texan. I've only shot it 30 yards. I'm sure it will go 100 with the right round. But for me, it really is impractical. I'd like a good .25 cal instead if I can find a buyer for THE BIG'UN.

Are you on the Yellow Forum? If so just post it in the classifieds. It won't last long.

C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom