Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2019, 08:50 PM #1
brucaru's Avatar
brucaru brucaru is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 103
brucaru brucaru is offline
Member
brucaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 103
Business owners vs non business owners

Is there any data or any means to obtain the data that would show how many times a business owner with a CC permit hand a crime perpetrated upon them regardless of the outcome. Then compare that data to the number of citizens without a CC permit who had a crime perpetrated upon them. Iím trying to see the MSPís logic as to why business owners are more likely to be victims of crime vs non business owners.
Tried to search for relevant topics but had no luck.
If this is a dupe then delete this
brucaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2019, 09:08 PM #2
Ammo Jon's Avatar
Ammo Jon Ammo Jon is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,603
Ammo Jon Ammo Jon is offline
Ammo Jon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucaru View Post
Is there any data or any means to obtain the data that would show how many times a business owner with a CC permit hand a crime perpetrated upon them regardless of the outcome. Then compare that data to the number of citizens without a CC permit who had a crime perpetrated upon them. Iím trying to see the MSPís logic as to why business owners are more likely to be victims of crime vs non business owners.
Tried to search for relevant topics but had no luck.
If this is a dupe then delete this
Itís because we make money for them through additional taxes. If weíre dead they stop making money off us. Their pimp hand is strong.
Ammo Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2019, 09:13 PM #3
welder516's Avatar
welder516 welder516 is offline
Deplorable Welder
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Welding Shop
Posts: 9,622
welder516 welder516 is offline
Deplorable Welder
welder516's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Welding Shop
Posts: 9,622
I know of one business owner that was murdered years ago by an ex-employee , they knew he carried cash . I have been threatened , but the police claimed it did not rise to the level of a police report or any further investigation . I am sure they would have investigated my murder but not 100% sure ..
welder516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2019, 09:33 PM #4
brucaru's Avatar
brucaru brucaru is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 103
brucaru brucaru is offline
Member
brucaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 103
Iím not discounting that business owners should be issued a permit. Iím not dismissing the importance of the business owner right to carry. Iím trying to collect the data as to the number of times a business owneís life was in jeopardy vs the ďaverageĒ citizen. I know this is Maryland but could any of this information help a non business owner get a CC permit
brucaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2019, 09:36 PM #5
welder516's Avatar
welder516 welder516 is offline
Deplorable Welder
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Welding Shop
Posts: 9,622
welder516 welder516 is offline
Deplorable Welder
welder516's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Welding Shop
Posts: 9,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucaru View Post
Iím not discounting that business owners should be issued a permit. Iím not dismissing the importance of the business owner right to carry. Iím trying to collect the data as to the number of times a business owneís life was in jeopardy vs the ďaverageĒ citizen. I know this is Maryland but could any of this information help a non business owner get a CC permit
I understand the fight and sympathetic to it , hopefully soon the courts will force Maryland to do what it is suppose to do in the first place .

To be honest I never thought in my lifetime Wash. DC would fall .

I don't know where you would find data of that nature , but good luck and I wish you well in the search .
welder516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2019, 09:40 PM #6
Justin ta guns's Avatar
Justin ta guns Justin ta guns is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Westminster
Posts: 2
Justin ta guns Justin ta guns is offline
Junior Member
Justin ta guns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Westminster
Posts: 2
I read this earlier today has some interesting numbers in it, also the author of the story now lives in md and was denied in 2001 itís a good read.Also this is my first post

https://www.gunpowdermagazine.com/ma...gXWlLqQvPa5Fu0
Justin ta guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2019, 09:58 PM #7
Stoveman's Avatar
Stoveman Stoveman is offline
TV Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cuba on the Chesapeake
Posts: 15,901
Stoveman Stoveman is offline
TV Personality
Stoveman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cuba on the Chesapeake
Posts: 15,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin ta guns View Post
I read this earlier today has some interesting numbers in it, also the author of the story now lives in md and was denied in 2001 itís a good read.Also this is my first post

https://www.gunpowdermagazine.com/ma...gXWlLqQvPa5Fu0


Interesting read, good timeline of recent court cases. I've got to ask the question, isn't this guy an author and don't authors get paid for their work? Sounds like he is a biz owner.
__________________
_______________
Proud CCW Cultist
Stoveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2019, 10:10 PM #8
phelanx phelanx is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6
phelanx phelanx is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6
Based on the criteria in the application and lines of questioning, their motivation is purely monetarily driven... maybe. (1) 6+ recent deposit slips, (2) 3+ months of bank statements, (3) 10+ receipts or invoices for business-related property, and (4) copies of documentation proving you're actually a business. Certainly looks like it is money, right? Well, I suppose my other overly general and likely ignorant take is that they had to find a way to create a small class of "responsible people" and ran with "business owners".
phelanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2019, 10:16 PM #9
Occam Occam is offline
Recovering Lurker
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Montgomery County
Posts: 6,099
Occam Occam is offline
Recovering Lurker
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Montgomery County
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by phelanx View Post
Based on the criteria in the application and lines of questioning, their motivation is purely monetarily driven... maybe. (1) 6+ recent deposit slips, (2) 3+ months of bank statements, (3) 10+ receipts or invoices for business-related property, and (4) copies of documentation proving you're actually a business. Certainly looks like it is money, right? Well, I suppose my other overly general and likely ignorant take is that they had to find a way to create a small class of "responsible people" and ran with "business owners".
Those things are intended to demonstrate that the business is more than just a prop, that itís actually doing some tangible business.

A lot of this is inertia from back when it was more about the assumed risk of routinely handling lots of cash (night deposits after you close the liquor store, that sort of thing). It morphed over time to business owners generally. Which is definitely an unfair standard, but it is what it is (for now - go MSI!).
Occam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2019, 12:02 AM #10
Hit and Run's Avatar
Hit and Run Hit and Run is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Prince Frederick
Posts: 1,372
Hit and Run Hit and Run is offline
Senior Member
Hit and Run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Prince Frederick
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucaru View Post
Is there any data or any means to obtain the data that would show how many times a business owner with a CC permit hand a crime perpetrated upon them regardless of the outcome. Then compare that data to the number of citizens without a CC permit who had a crime perpetrated upon them. Iím trying to see the MSPís logic as to why business owners are more likely to be victims of crime vs non business owners.

Tried to search for relevant topics but had no luck.

If this is a dupe then delete this
Data, logic? This is Maryland and gun laws....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------------
'All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothingí
Hit and Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2019, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service