• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaptainAwesome

Jun 1, 2013
    Pikesville MD
    Standard bodied/rack Ohio buck. Check out the nasal bots I found wiggling inside this deer's sinus cavities !! Never seen this before, looked up on the internet and read they are from botflys that land inside the deer's nose and lay eggs. Parasites that don't affect the deer's heatlth or humans consumption. Pretty gross discovery.

Attachments

• Nov 2019 - Copy.jpg
      Nov 2019 - Copy.jpg
      192.8 KB · Views: 380
    • 20191112_181427 - Copy.jpg
      20191112_181427 - Copy.jpg
      76.5 KB · Views: 383
    • 20191112_195912 - Copy.jpg
      20191112_195912 - Copy.jpg
      77.4 KB · Views: 373

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I took this buck on 11/11/19 at 9am down by Gibson Island. He was must have been looking for a doe because he walked within a yard of my blind. I shot him with a crossbow at 5 yards as he was quartering away. We saw him in July at 6am with a bachelor party close to the road but then only at night since then on trail cameras. This is probably the most interesting buck I have taken in my 30 plus years of hunting. It was a great way to celebrate Veterans Day.

Just saw this reading back through, that’s a really cool rack and an awesome deer!

Congrats!

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    My search skills are lacking but know it has been discussed here before. Anybody have info on deer tracking dog down in Charles Co. Nanjamoy area. Buddy shot a real nice 6 point at our club. No blood, arrow did not pass though.. Gave it about an hour but cannot find, will help him again In morning but just looking for that info in case. His first big archery deer for him.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    My search skills are lacking but know it has been discussed here before. Anybody have info on deer tracking dog down in Charles Co. Nanjamoy area. Buddy shot a real nice 6 point at our club. No blood, arrow did not pass though.. Gave it about an hour but cannot find, will help him again In morning but just looking for that info in case. His first big archery deer for him.

My buddy and I are in the same boat. I'm sure we'll find it with the help of day light, I just hope the coyotes and foxes leave it alone.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Hopefully I'll be able to help with tracking next year. The place I'm doing manners/obedience training at also does nose-work. Have to get through to level 3 M/O before you can do other classes.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I apparently turned off my alarm in my sleep and missed the morning. Good luck to everyone going out this afternoon

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    What a bust. We didnt see anything for the youth hunt and couldnt find my friends deer from last night.

Hopefully tonight is better

Same here, I did not go as on kiddo duty as wife had to work, buddy buddy n helper looked all over and no sign of deer. Thinking he may have missed as no blood anywhere. He is good with archery so would be surprising but the fever can get us all.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    A couple weeks out, but I am thinking of taking a day off work and doing Monocacy in gun season during the week. I know I’ve asked before, but rifle is fine there now, right?

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    What a bust. We didnt see anything for the youth hunt and couldnt find my friends deer from last night.

Hopefully tonight is better

My 14 yr old didn't want to go out today but his buddy, who just finished hunter safety last week, wanted to. We saw plenty of squirrels but no deer. "Sooooo we have to use the .22 and can't shoot a squirrel with the 50 caliber?" LOL

Nice BUCK!

+ 2 :thumbsup:

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    So this dude showed up on my trail cam last night. Southeastern baltimore county.

Looks like a decent sized yote.

Last week, there was a bunch of them "yipping" right behind my house(western Fred Co). My dog went crazy lol.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    The wind was pretty brutal over the weekend. I sat in different stands Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday morning. For the first time ever at this location, I saw zero deer. There was 15-20 mph wind the whole time. I sat there hoping it would die down and the deer would get back to rutting, but it didn't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom