• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Associated Gun Clubs Action Shooting
    November 17th - Steel Challenge Match

Registration is now open. Click on the practiscore link below to register.

Marriottsville, MD 21104
    Associated Gun Clubs - Steel Challenge Match #2

52 Guns / 4 Stages

Max 2 Guns per shooter / Those shooting two guns must register twice

Round Count: 125 - 150 per gun

Match Fees
    AGC Badge Holder 1st Gun - $10
    AGC Badge Holder 2nd Gun - $5 (total $15)

Non AGC Badge Holder 1st Gun - $20
    Non AGC Badge Holder 2nd Gun - $10 (total $30)

https://practiscore.com/associated-gun-clubs-steel-challenge-nov-17-2019/register

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Dang! Just talked a friend and his son into giving it a try, and sent him off to register. Good on you guys for launching such a popular thang!

Guess we'll all try again next month.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Dang! Just talked a friend and his son into giving it a try, and sent him off to register. Good on you guys for launching such a popular thang!

Guess we'll all try again next month.

Go ahead and get your name on the waiting list. A lot can happen in two weeks. I woulld register if I were you.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Go ahead and get your name on the waiting list. A lot can happen in two weeks. I woulld register if I were you.

I must have read my own mind. We added a 5th stage and after approving the 9 on the wait list, we still have 6 spots left.

Hurry up before they are all gone.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I must have read my own mind. We added a 5th stage and after approving the 9 on the wait list, we still have 6 spots left.

Hurry up before they are all gone.

Outstanding! My buddy just signed up, too. Thanks for the extra slots. Guess I'll have to bring FOUR boxes of donuts this time.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    We have a little bit of a format change this time. We had a few requests last time around to have stages similar to an Actual Steel Challenge. So, that is exactly what we will do this time. While we don't have enough steel for all 8 stages, we are going to pick up what we need to do 5 of them.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    We have a little bit of a format change this time. We had a few requests last time around to have stages similar to an Actual Steel Challenge. So, that is exactly what we will do this time. While we don't have enough steel for all 8 stages, we are going to pick up what we need to do 5 of them.

So, no Stage O' Madness this time? That was fun!

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Not this time around. I would highly recommend trying three gun if you liked the Stage of Madness. You can use my long guns if you don't have any.

Take care

Update. Four official Steel Challenge Stages (or as close as we can get), plus there WILL BE a fun stage (Madness) thrown in to keep things interesting.

We are full again (5 stages of 13 guns), however the wait list only has 3 guns on it. If you haven't done so already, go ahead and register as we are surely to have folks drop between now and then.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    plus there WILL BE a fun stage (Madness) thrown in to keep things interesting.

Ah. All is now right with the universe.

FWIW, the utterly unreliable long-range forecast suggests there maybe showers the day before, but party sunny, low winds, and pushing 50F for the high on the 17th. Pretty good for the middle of November.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Ah. All is now right with the universe.

FWIW, the utterly unreliable long-range forecast suggests there maybe showers the day before, but party sunny, low winds, and pushing 50F for the high on the 17th. Pretty good for the middle of November.

Too much rain will be a very bad thing for us. Because of the drought this summer, we were never able to get any grass to grow in the bays. Rain causes lots of mud and if there is lots of mud, we will probably have to cancel the match. So, pray to the sun gods to keep things dry.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Too much rain will be a very bad thing for us. Because of the drought this summer, we were never able to get any grass to grow in the bays. Rain causes lots of mud and if there is lots of mud, we will probably have to cancel the match. So, pray to the sun gods to keep things dry.

What, not enough room in the AGC action budget for a thousand square yards of astroturf? :)

Totally understand. That long-range forecast is 40% for "showers" (not rain, a word they use when they mean it), so we shall see.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The good news is the forecast has shifted to it being dry for several days in advance. Looks like a chilly day with 60%+ humidity, so kinda raw. Makes thinking through clothing layers and holster drawing more complicated. #FirstWorldProblems

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The good news is the forecast has shifted to it being dry for several days in advance. Looks like a chilly day with 60%+ humidity, so kinda raw. Makes thinking through clothing layers and holster drawing more complicated. #FirstWorldProblems

When shooting in the cold I will layer with thermals, a long sleeve shirt and then an outer jacket and just take the jacket off to shoot and put it back on when the stage is complete.

I also will have gloves with hand warmers in them that I will wear right up until time to shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom