• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There are no significantly "wimpy" .357Sig rounds .

First priority is reliability in your gun, held in Your hand(s). Since no .357Sig jhp of 125-ish gr actually sucks, beyond that you can prioritize availability, accuraccy, price, etc, fits your inclinations.

( I don't yet have a .357Sig bbl , but I have similar inclinations with .45acp . I've decided upon 230jhp for general use . I don't obsess over windshields . Available real world feedback doesn't show any 230jhp , from at least 4.25in bbl to suck . I've conducted my own testing that I consider useful , upon Win and R-P generic 230jhp , and performed as expected . So I feel confident in selecting by availability.

Other cals can be different .

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Some of the sillier things i have obsessed over is what ammo. REally obsessed. My gun, my wife’s gun. When she carried a SW 642, wow, the possibilities. Heavy, light, +P. When i carried a .45, corbon; critical duty +P. The 9s were straight forward, federal +p 147,until the obsession changed that to federal +P 124 ( wife now carries g43). Then, the G42, that is a rare but sometimes carry, and a body guard my wife wears running. The glock 42 hated some ammo, and i ended up with the non bonded golden saber .380. But now, the most important thing is to find something that will always be reliable in this G33
    and i agree that all the factory loads are good. Ey load tomthe same level ( i think sig and other mainline manufactures “load down” from original .357 sig stds) and some of the “semi custom “manufacturers load up.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Don't shoot Gold Dots .

I'm hoping you mean for him not use them in his G33. But to say "don't shoot Gold dots" would be an ignorant statement. :rolleyes: ESPECIALLY Sig 357 rounds

I had a G33 and God knows how many rounds I put through it without a hitch.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I'm hoping you mean for him not use them in his G33. But to say "don't shoot Gold dots" would be an ignorant statement. :rolleyes: ESPECIALLY Sig 357 rounds

I had a G33 and God knows how many rounds I put through it without a hitch.

That’s my point if you put many gold dots thru your 33. 10 mass produced guns, or 100, from glock should function exactly the same.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No , I was making a variation of the old punchline where man walks into the Dr's ofc , says " Doc , it hurts when I do this , and Doc says then don't do that ).

Gold Dot is indeed fine ammo , at least on par with competing lines of ammo , and frequently a top choice.

My point I was trying to make was don't use ammo that isn't reliable in YOUR gun , fired in YOUR hand(s) . If other brands of quality ammo suitable for SD are reliable in your gun , then use those instead for serious purposes.

There is a line of famous ammo that I have a catagoric dislike - XTP . Yes its high quality, and usually accurate . But to my druthers , the design parameters of limited expansion and deep penetration, make most of the offerings more suited to hunting than SD . Occasionally you can manipulate that by thinking out of the box on bullet weight for an application.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    No , I was making a variation of the old punchline where man walks into the Dr's ofc , says " Doc , it hurts when I do this , and Doc says then don't do that ).

Gold Dot is indeed fine ammo , at least on par with competing lines of ammo , and frequently a top choice.

My point I was trying to make was don't use ammo that isn't reliable in YOUR gun , fired in YOUR hand(s) . If other brands of quality ammo suitable for SD are reliable in your gun , then use those instead for serious purposes.

There is a line of famous ammo that I have a catagoric dislike - XTP . Yes its high quality, and usually accurate . But to my druthers , the design parameters of limited expansion and deep penetration, make most of the offerings more suited to hunting than SD . Occasionally you can manipulate that by thinking out of the box on bullet weight for an application.

The point being, how can others with the same gun have zero issues and you would have issues? Seems like an issue with that gun that should probably go back to Glock for Look-see.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The OP should take the same pistol...same magazines...same ammunition...and have a second person shoot it see if he can replicate the results. If the gun runs smoothly then the problem is with the shooter doing something wrong. If the FTF occurs with a second shooter then you know there is an issue with the gun/magazine/ammunition combination. From there the problem can be isolated to its cause.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    The OP should take the same pistol...same magazines...same ammunition...and have a second person shoot it see if he can replicate the results. If the gun runs smoothly then the problem is with the shooter doing something wrong. If the FTF occurs with a second shooter then you know there is an issue with the gun/magazine/ammunition combination. From there the problem can be isolated to its cause.

Yup, a good suggestion, and thanks for taking the time to respond. This is frustrating. But given that its the second rd in the mag with the same ammo every mag, and no other ammo ( although the same thing happened when i manually ejected the mag of sig v crowns...2nd rd in the mag froze against the feed ramp...) called glock. and by the way, the rds behind the second rd feed. Glock was About as much help as you would expect from 1500 miles away. Send it in. But they did offer a great and helpful suggestion which is take it to a glock approved armourer and if he finds something he can call glock and get authorization and make the repair. In the am, if its not snowing or raining i am going to walk this gun to the adoption center and let them deal with it. It came from a busy blue label dealer and i am hopeful he can help. Glock again confirmed this was a 3/11 build, and it was sold as new. That was strange to both glock and me.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Thanks to all who have taken a moment from their busy days to respond with suggesttions. All good ones. I took the pistol to the cop shop this am and they packed it up and sent it to glock. We shall see. I will need to load up on gold dots to test it, i suppose, when it comes home from the glock hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom