• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I agree

I've read a few posts here and there on speculation of the M11's going up in value as soon as the lage upper is released - doubt it if the price is $3k

Will be interesting to see. Ruben has M11/9s priced at $8K and RR Uzis at $14.7K. I know I would much rather have an M11/9 with a Tungsten bolt, Max-31 drum upper, and a 5.56 Max11/15 than an Uzi with no modularity. The cost of that package currently is over $1000 less than an Uzi. But there is historical and collectors value to the Uzi.

I also would rather have the Max11/15 set up over an FNC and that spare parts situation.

Last edited:

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    What's the cheapest rifle caliber machine gun? AC556? Those are over $10k now. Next is probably the FNC at $14 and then the M16 at $18. The M11/15 is still cheaper than all of those. Heck, the AR belt fed upper costs a similar amount to the Lage upper and doesn't run nearly as well. The M11/15 is the cheapest and most flexible rifle caliber gun on the market. Lage will sell plenty.

bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    I agree with you guys

A huge factor is that I feel that ruben sets the market on maximum asking prices. When other's see that, including "individuals" they want that retail.

What makes it worst is that if someone who doesn't know the market or is impatient buys it, that data is the new market price and drives prices up for no reason. Then asking prices will go up another price point.

I feel that the gun market is soft. Everyone almost has what they want, and if they do buy, it has to be at the right price and highly desired.

I feel we are battling eachother on mg prices for no reason. There's no reason these prices should go up. There are plenty of examples out there. Just be patient.

JMHO

bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    Quick tip

If anyone is in the market, look at the older listing 3-4 weeks + and start sending offers. The worst they can say is no. Holding inventory isn't free.

For example, I sent an offer on a dealer asking 28k on an m16a1. I was kind and respectful and asked his bottom line, he came back at 26k. Ruben is asking 30k. I did this without even sending an offer. First rule of negotiating is never reveal what your number is.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    A huge factor is that I feel that ruben sets the market on maximum asking prices.
    I think its the other way around. The dealers look at the average selling prices and price a little above that. MGs wouldn't be selling if they were overpriced. Seems like plenty sell on gunbroker. The market is there.

bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    I think its the other way around. The dealers look at the average selling prices and price a little above that. MGs wouldn't be selling if they were overpriced. Seems like plenty sell on gunbroker. The market is there.

I see what you're saying and respect that. There will always be someone with deeper pockets to pay up for a MG. There will always be a market.

I'm recommending to do your research, watch the market, and be patient. Some dealers have aged inventory, some don't. Make offers, don't pay asking price.

Machineguncentral.com has a make an offer button give it a shot before you buy it now

bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    This just sold a few hours ago:

Buy it now: $7,500

Sold for: $6,500

Ruben: $7,995

Seller feedback on GB was flawless

Attachments

• 3DEE65D4-AC1E-46B5-AE99-28A88C949A99.jpg
      3DEE65D4-AC1E-46B5-AE99-28A88C949A99.jpg
      39 KB · Views: 268

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Seems like we go over MG pricing over and over... Some say prices will drop, other say don't hold your breath. I completely agree with the idea that you can hold out and get a good deal. That said you can also hold out and get completely screwed as the market goes up... It does work both ways. However if you watch the history, you can likely see the market jump out and flatten out. I waited one year to buy a M16 and the gun nearly doubled in that time. However its way up there now and I feel its a bit soft and you can probably look to drop a few bucks off going rate. However if you think its coming back down... dream on.

Supply and demand will keep going. Price will rise until the demand meets supply. Since the supply is fairly fixed, the price will rise to counter demand. Pretty simple. So what is the demand right now? Not super great. Give it until the next election cycle gets close... then its going to jump back up. I plan to be stocked up before that next election cycle comes.

As far as Lage, yeah $3k is a lot but we are not talking about people without means... So my guess is we will have several groups. Those that bought when the guns were $500 and less. They don't buy the current Lage uppers and these will be no different. Then we have those that have a 223 firing MG. $3k for something likely inferior to what they have... now Lage may be pricing himself out of this market... which is where I am. Then you have those with no 223 firing MG. These people will suck it up and buy it. $3k will not get you close to anything else and for the money, it will sell. As has been pointed out there are $5K belt fed M16 uppers. The only addition there is a belt and quick change barrel. This turns your SMG into an Assault Rifle. It will sell to these buyers and that is who Lage seems clearly marketing too.

I still predict we will see M11 prices up around Uzi prices within 2 years of the Lage 223 upper coming to market.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    First, Richard is old as shit and will probably only be around for a couple of more years.

Second, it uses an unmodified barrel, bolt and carrier. The carrier takes a special insert that bolts on.

The above was posted by Chris Hipes, and he is a beta tester.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    First, Richard is old as shit and will probably only be around for a couple of more years.

Second, it uses an unmodified barrel, bolt and carrier. The carrier takes a special insert that bolts on.

The above was posted by Chris Hipes, and he is a beta tester.

Chris is a an old friend of Richards and can get away with calling him Old as shit. :)

Deersniper

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 24, 2013
    It seems like none of these belt fed rifle caliber uppers for pistol mgs are ruled legal. We will see if this one is different.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    It seems like none of these belt fed rifle caliber uppers for pistol mgs are ruled legal. We will see if this one is different.

It's not even belt fed...

And if you are talking about Ernie Wrenn and Len Savage, well the ATF hated those guys and wasn't going to approve their uppers no matter what.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I think the ATF already approved the prototype with the external recoil buffer. The real test will be the internal recoil buffer version.

Belt-fed would be nice, but I can live with D60s and Beta mags. Assuming my new-ish job does yearly bonuses, I will probably toss that at one of these uppers.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I cancelled my MAX 11/15 order after seeing that. Way more compatible with my needs.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom