• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    All,

I have a Tikka T3x TAC A1 I was working on to mount a 20 MOA rail. I was removing the factory rail and had the two rear rail torx screw heads strip. Seems Sako uses very grippy loctite or equivalent and the screws wouldn't break free. Since they were deep in the rail, I drilled out the heads and removed the factory rail. Then proceeded to slowly work on drilling out the stuck screws. Then things went south.

My microextractor snapped in place trying to extract one of the screws, So now I am left with two drilled out screws with no heads stuck hard in place with a broken extractor head in one of them.

I need a gunsmith to repair this and mount the 20 MOA rail, Here is what I need:

1. Drill out/extract the two stuck screw bodies from the top of the receiver.
    2. Trim the Leupold 20 MOA rail by about 1/4" at the front (it is too long for the TAC A1 due to the M-LOK foreend mount).
    3. Securely mount the 20 MOA rail.

I need a recommendation for a good gunsmith in the Annapolis area to repair this, give or take on the distance. I am willing to travel anywhere in the state for a good smith that can help me. I can drop the rifle off anytime and need it back by mid-March.

Can anyone help?

Matt

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Not exactly in the Annapolis area, but well worth the drive, is Ed Harren of Harren's custom rifles. 301-831-8068. He's in Ijamsville on the FredCo/MoCo line. Excellent smith with a lot of winning bench guns bearing his name. Can't say what your situation would run you (stuff like that is rarely quoted, as he won't know how many hours he has in it til it's done). Work I am scared to do on my own (like putting in Badger extractors) goes to him. Never been disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom