• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JPielert97

Nov 10, 2012
    I've got an old Sears model 102.25 which is a re branded Stevens model 520A. Got it from a family member and i'm trying to get it back to working condition. It had no stock so I found one and got it to fit but now i'm facing a magazine issue.

When I load the shells into the magazine, they are not retained in there. The only thing that holds them from coming out is the lifter assembly. This makes loading seem unnatural and difficult. If I were to load the magazine, then hold the lifter down, all of the shells will fly out.

When the bolt is open, there is a cartridge cutoff that works, but when the bolt is closed that becomes depressed.

From what I understand there is little tab that comes off the bottom of the slide which holds the next shell in place until the action is cycled again. I can see it, but it seems like it is too far back to be functional.

Any Idea's on what to do is appreciated. Thanks!

JPielert97

Nov 10, 2012
    The shell is stopped by the carrier, but also is stopped by the tab on the bottom of the slide. I could not find anything directly about a 520, but it seems that it is the same as a Winchester model 12.

I have been practicing loading it and you have to get accustom to how it loads. It's different than my A-5's or Benelli so I figured something might be wrong.

Attachments

• 20180224_115439_HDR.jpg
      20180224_115439_HDR.jpg
      41.2 KB · Views: 66

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads