• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Maybe I should start a thread called:

Where can I buy illegal things?

And under that thread I will hijack it and start a different thread showing a detailed how to, for filing the serial numbers off of your guns. Just like the really good professional gunsmiths do.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You asked.
    We answered.
    You either think we're funnin' on the newguy/ you can't sufficiently suspend disbelief that the state of Maryland really is THAT stupid .

Don't believe us . Go to the Industry Partners section , go to Legal Services , make an appointment with one of the Lawyers who practice firearms law, and ask them .

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Maybe I should start a thread called:

Where can I buy illegal things?

7-Eleven parking lots. Technically, I think you're just "renting" them though. ;)

Attachments

• dal lab 7 eleven.jpg
      dal lab 7 eleven.jpg
      21.8 KB · Views: 263

T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville
    This. It is illegal to purchase magazines greater than 10 rounds in this state. If you were in the state of Maryland when you placed the online order, you were in violation of the law regardless of where it was shipped.

Because the law says it is illegal to BUY in this state. You were in this state when you bought them, so therefore illegal.

It all depends on the wording of each law.

Op is taking a reasonable legal position - that a transaction with an out of state vendor across state lines that doesn't involve taking delivery in the state of Maryland does not amount to "buying" in State and cannot be regulated by Md.

You are taking the opposite position.

Both are arguably and we can guess what MD State will say but we are guessing what a court would say.

The firearm issue is slightly different as the gun itself is delivered in state.

Gotta love MD law.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    All examples given thus far, including the official referral on having guns transferred in state but the mag transferred back out, involve some physical footprint within MD state lines. My transaction was entirely outside, and therefore not in violation of any state laws.

This issue has been addressed before with an issue even more important to politicians: sales tax. There is no interstate internet sales tax which has been upheld by the courts. Why? Because the states authority ends at its border. Doesn’t matter if I was inside the MSP barracks when I made my internet order. The physical money and physical product never came in contact with Maryland.

Op is taking a reasonable legal position - that a transaction with an out of state vendor across state lines that doesn't involve taking delivery in the state of Maryland does not amount to "buying" in State and cannot be regulated by Md.

You are taking the opposite position.

Both are arguably and we can guess what MD State will say but we are guessing what a court would say.

The firearm issue is slightly different as the gun itself is delivered in state.

Gotta love MD law.
    Good questions that are waiting for a test case so we can see how a court decides the matter. Any volunteers? Don't forget your checkbook, because good legal help is expensive!

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Welcome aborad DrNRA.

Are you trying to convince us Maryland law is stupid? We know?

Are you trying to argue tax law? We (I) don't care in this case. We (I) do not want to risk being made example of.

Cancel your P O Box and drive to Vriginia. Or better yet, drive to Hanover, PA and patronize MDS member Hog Sniper, who is an Industry Provider here, and is class a guy. Buy a bunch of standard capacity mags, then go to Texas Hot Weiner Lunch, and/or Famous Hot Weiner, and stuff your face with chili woofers. :thumbsup:

From another gun-toting Jew, take it slow and easy here and be sure to have a thick skin.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Welcome aborad DrNRA.

Are you trying to convince us Maryland law is stupid? We know?

Are you trying to argue tax law? We (I) don't care in this case. We (I) do not want to risk being made example of.

Cancel your P O Box and drive to Vriginia. Or better yet, drive to Hanover, PA and patronize MDS member Hog Sniper, who is an Industry Provider here, and is class a guy. Buy a bunch of standard capacity mags, then go to Texas Hot Weiner Lunch, and/or Famous Hot Weiner, and stuff your face with chili woofers. :thumbsup:

From another gun-toting Jew, take it slow and easy here and be sure to have a thick skin.

I'd listen to this guy. He's a tough hombre. Did I mention, he's a gun-toten' Jew? :party29:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    What?
    Maryland law is stupid?

Oh... damn... but...

I... I hadn't realized.

That sort of clears up a few things.

Stupid, huh?

Well, huh.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Lol at all these people kvetching about where you are when you press the "submit order" button.

Better get in that car and drive until your cell phone pings off a different tower in another state so The Man doesn't find out.

Hell, do we know where the credit card company processes the transaction? Money may not change hands until the 1s and 0s get to Texas or wherever it may be. Better call the credit card company and find out. What if the processor is in....New York(!)? You'll probably join Anthony Weiner in the big pen at this rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom