• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Accident on Rt.4 heading towards the bridge. Dump truck overturned onto a car, multiple fatalities. Road's going to be closed for awhile for investigation, probably going to screw up traffic after work big time.

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    I heard the victim was driving erratically on the bridge and after the bridge. Lucky for everyone else he hit something big enough to stop the threat. Sorry someone had to lose a nice truck though.

Tomcat

May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Heard that this morning, passing on the bridge :sad20:. I have a good friend who works for the company that owns the dump truck and I was very relieved to find out he wasn't involved.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I heard the victim was driving erratically on the bridge and after the bridge. Lucky for everyone else he hit something big enough to stop the threat. Sorry someone had to lose a nice truck though.

Be sure to call the local police department, or if you know, the investigating agency. They would be glad to have this kind of information. Especially in cases like this.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Be sure to call the local police department, or if you know, the investigating agency. They would be glad to have this kind of information. Especially in cases like this.

It was reported in one of the local online papers that a witness stopped and told police that the driver of the car was all over the road and trying to pass on the bridge prior to the accident.

I hope the truck driver is, physically, as unharmed as possible. I cannot begin to imagine what he or she is going through mentally.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I hope the truck driver is, physically, as unharmed as possible. I cannot begin to imagine what he or she is going through mentally.

You are right. Not only are the deceased victims. These play a huge role in the lives of all of those involved, during and after the collision.

Tomcat

May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    While my friend is OK I talked to him last night. He had to go clean up the mess, spilled asphault and the truck. The driver was on older man and owes his life to some people who broke out the windshield and pulled him out of the fire.

The truck that hit him crossed the center line speeding to pass a vehicle (it's a no passing zone along there) Several people had called 911 about him driving erattically and Calvert and St.Mary's police were looking for the vehicle. He hit the dump truck so hard it either was on top of the pick up or it broke the steering of the dump druck. Driver stated he had no steering.:sad20:

Friend said he had to wait while while they removed what was left of the body and said he will never forget what he saw.

730dc

Mar 11, 2013
    You are right. Not only are the deceased victims. These play a huge role in the lives of all of those involved, during and after the collision.
    Idk but as far as the article read I wouldn't say the deceased was the victim more alongside the creator of his own demise no remorse for fools that put the victim like that old man driving the dump truck threw that ...

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    While my friend is OK I talked to him last night. He had to go clean up the mess, spilled asphault and the truck. The driver was on older man and owes his life to some people who broke out the windshield and pulled him out of the fire.

The truck that hit him crossed the center line speeding to pass a vehicle (it's a no passing zone along there) Several people had called 911 about him driving erattically and Calvert and St.Mary's police were looking for the vehicle. He hit the dump truck so hard it either was on top of the pick up or it broke the steering of the dump druck. Driver stated he had no steering.:sad20:

Friend said he had to wait while while they removed what was left of the body and said he will never forget what he saw.

Was it a pick up truck, I thought I read that it was a Mitsubish Lancer that collided with the asphalt truck? Not that it really matters in the end.

I am glad there were some good samaritans handy who were able to help out. In today's day and age, it's refreshing to hear of people who will respond to something like that.

I drove that road today, going southbound, if the tire marks on the road were the ones from the accident, they traveled a long ways after impact before going off the road!!!

I hope that dump truck driver heals up both mentally and physically. It's a damn shame he will have to live with this memory.

730dc

Mar 11, 2013
    Was it a pick up truck, I thought I read that it was a Mitsubish Lancer that collided with the asphalt truck? Not that it really matters in the end.

I am glad there were some good samaritans handy who were able to help out. In today's day and age, it's refreshing to hear of people who will respond to something like that.

I drove that road today, going southbound, if the tire marks on the road were the ones from the accident, they traveled a long ways after impact before going off the road!!!

I hope that dump truck driver heals up both mentally and physically. It's a damn shame he will have to live with this memory.
    Not only that but dot msp will most likely find some dumb little thing and write the dump truck a ticket for, when it sounds like it was 100% the cars fault wrong place wrong time deal. I don't think most people realize this we pay the price more the. We should when it's an accident that not are fault .

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Not only that but dot msp will most likely find some dumb little thing and write the dump truck a ticket for, when it sounds like it was 100% the cars fault wrong place wrong time deal. I don't think most people realize this we pay the price more the. We should when it's an accident that not are fault .

You make this all up as you go?

The rest doesn't make sense. But I am certain it is still as misinformed and ignorant as the first part.

730dc

Mar 11, 2013
    He will get a full truck inspection of what left light brakes tires etc. If his paperwork and logs didn't burn up they will be Checked and depending on officer cross checked with any fuel food toll receipts according to what he logged

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom