• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hylomar

Feb 15, 2009
    SOMD

^^^^ This point really needs to be inforced at public hearings, delegates and senators.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Marshall

State legislators that have passed these laws are not ignorant to what they are doing. How does one break past them besides the courts? Simply ignoring the new registration laws in Connecticut has amounted to "Irish Democracy", though that model can't be followed everywhere. Passive resistance to a law is much easier that an active act of defiance. The "law" in question will be enforced quick in an active defiance. This would put us right back into the courts with the State claiming you violated the law and you claiming that the law is not valid.

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    State legislators that have passed these laws are not ignorant to what they are doing. How does one break past them besides the courts? Simply ignoring the new registration laws in Connecticut has amounted to "Irish Democracy", though that model can't be followed everywhere. Passive resistance to a law is much easier that an active act of defiance. The "law" in question will be enforced quick in an active defiance. This would put us right back into the courts with the State claiming you violated the law and you claiming that the law is not valid.

The real issue is one of organization. If even 10 million of the 100 million gun owners said that they are not giving up their guns, and if anyone comes for them, they'll kill them, it would make the state think twice. We'd also need people willing to die for our cause. I have no children, so I am willing. I don't know how many else are.

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    The judiciary is always there when you need it to back tyranny. The cases when it comes on the right side of the constitution are priceless because they are rare.

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    The judiciary is always there when you need it to back tyranny. The cases when it comes on the right side of the constitution are priceless because they are rare.

We need more Alex Kozinskis and fewer Ruth Ginsburgs.

That's why I'm such a fan of Russian immigrants. People who have lived under liberalism/Marxism/Communism know what a disaster it is.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    That's the whole point. Once you apply anything but strict scrutiny, they can say, "yes, it violates the constitution, BUT..." and we know everything before BUT is BS.

No IS can be applied. It was not. The antis claim that unless you have no regulation at all you can have any regulation at all. Its crap and they know it. But do we know it ? They set up and defeat the same strawman each time. The way out is to call them on it. The court is using RB and a weak RB at that.

One day RB will be applied to the entire bill of rights.. liberals we be the first jailed under the new world order.. so there is that :)

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    The non-compliance by NYers and CT folk to NOT register their arms and magazines is evidence of this.

non-compliance from 80% or more of gun owners would be a great evidence wouldn't it. Because CT had a few thousand and 50 magazine registered is
    NON Compliance in my book.. The state surley can't put everyone in jail or take everyone to court. Who will be among the 1st few??

Is the vast majority willing to stand up so to speak and be Oath Keepers or Oath Breakers?
    Only 3% turned the tide in 1776.
    http://freedomintelligence.wordpress.com/2009/05/14/are-you-a-three-percenter/

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I've been thinking about this long and hard.

The whole reason SCOTUS won't take a case is because there's no split, right?

But the whole reason that we have no split is because the only cases coming to the court are from states with bad laws and activist liberal judges who will rule against the 2A.

You don't have any CCW cases coming from a state like Texas, for example, which has shall issue CCW. No AWB cases from there either.

So this is why we are where we are.

You're right IMO, and I believe there are cases to be made at state supreme courts (like SC's ban on carry for certain non-residents) which can help create deeper splits. As far as an AWB split-I'd put my money on Wilson v. Cook County and the IL Supreme Court overturning that one.

In this case the judge helped us-the case moved swiftly and the judge did admit assault weapons were in common use.
    Where he screwed up was basically taking "inferences" that by banning these guns it would help a crime problem and the argument that other weapons are available(think DC's argument in Heller). I didn't see any stats to back up this claim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom