• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Happy Thanksgiving mdshooters, I stopped by bass pro and they have just restocked on ammo.

Saw 150 rnd boxes of 223/556 winchester

200 9mm winchester

Cci target 22lr

Tula 223 and 308

Happy hunting, they are already going fast.

dlmarion

Feb 6, 2013
    Carroll County
    F Bass Pro. Never again. Ordered in April and delivered in Aug. Out of stock email arrived right after the email with the order confirmation. Could never get anyone on the phone to cancel the order.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    F Bass Pro. Never again. Ordered in April and delivered in Aug. Out of stock email arrived right after the email with the order confirmation. Could never get anyone on the phone to cancel the order.

Bass pro online orders are the worst. I had stuff backordered and cancelled all the time.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Nope. I stopped by to see what primers and powders they got and all they had were a couple bottles of 7977.
    I was hoping to pick up some powder there before this all got bad, and about the only thing they had in stock was H110, which I didn't particularly want, so I passed. Now they don't even have that.

Last edited:

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    I was hoping to pick up some powder they're before this all got bad, and about the only thing they had in stock was H110, which I didn't particularly want, so I passed. Now they don't even have that.

I'm honestly looking for that powder for 300 blackout and 350 legend. Sometimes I just pick things up I don't really need and barter them off to things I need to fellow members.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Any change to normal pre-panic pricing?

Looks to me it's panic pricing; 9mm went for 30 cents a round and 223 went for 60 cents a round. The steel cased 223 was 35 cents and steel 308 is 50 cents.

I stopped buying factory ammo ever since I started reloading everything I have except for 22lr so I am out of the loop of what's a good price nowadays.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Seen post went up there . Didn’t see powder or primers , had black powder . 200 9mm 60:bucks . 50rd 15 bucks . 150 556 70 bucks . Like he said all Winchester. Thought prices where decent compared to what I’ve been seeing . Some shops asking and getting (not from me ) and at the show 40 a box for 9 ball. . Anyway bought my 5 that I was allowed. Only seen 1 box 22 left . Don’t foresee any of it lasting . Glad I seen the post

MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    That was a great price for 9MM.
    I didn’t even know they were open today .

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Looks to me it's panic pricing; 9mm went for 30 cents a round and 223 went for 60 cents a round. The steel cased 223 was 35 cents and steel 308 is 50 cents.

I stopped buying factory ammo ever since I started reloading everything I have except for 22lr so I am out of the loop of what's a good price nowadays.

Higher than true pre-panic on 9mm still good deal, but the .223 sounds about right pre-panic- I remember boxes going for around $7/20 before the madness.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Ya I didn’t know either . Read post and got up there . Was tempted to take wife up there buy some more. Bought a bunch reload stuff beginning of year feels like a waste of money now , Dillon 550 with bells and whistles. Well ya know can’t find anything . Ya I thought BPS prices where good / pre panic. I agree there online sucks , canceling my order . Been going up to Hafers and Clear spring fun shop about 1 1/2 hours for me to get stuff. My best kept secret but I’ll share. When they run low that’s when things are getting tough. Hafers had 223 600 a case or 500 for 350. I passed but bought some xtac 308 22 a box. They both have guns and have ammo but recently have been limiting amount 2 boxes per caliber a day.some prices are inflated though.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Reall Black powder or black powder substitute?

Just curious. 777, buck horn and such are subs.

Goex is real deal.

The real stuff is a little hard to find.

For real, I’d take the ride or at least call my local BPS and check

Seen post went up there . Didn’t see powder or primers , had black powder . 200 9mm 60:bucks . 50rd 15 bucks . 150 556 70 bucks . Like he said all Winchester. Thought prices where decent compared to what I’ve been seeing . Some shops asking and getting (not from me ) and at the show 40 a box for 9 ball. . Anyway bought my 5 that I was allowed. Only seen 1 box 22 left . Don’t foresee any of it lasting . Glad I seen the post

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    I have had basspro orders go through fairly easily in most cases and other times it would say it's available, place the order then a few days later I would get an email saying it's out of stock and I can either wait or cancel, I always wait because it's never anything I am in a hurry for, this past year 3 orders at basspro for ammo went to back order and they arrived 60+ days later but didn't charge me until they actually shipped. I had recently found a good deal on AE223 through ammoseek, hit the link, placed the order then the next day instead of getting an email with shipping / delivery info, I got an email stating they are shipping it to the store for free and refunding my shipping costs and I would get an email when it is due to arrive. I was tempted to cancel but for the price I decided to just keep the order and go pick it up

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I was at Hanover BPS yesterday,, nothing, shelves were empty.
    From the sounds of it, they are putting ammo out about once a week

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Reall Black powder or black powder substitute?

Just curious. 777, buck horn and such are subs.

Goex is real deal.

The real stuff is a little hard to find.

For real, I’d take the ride or at least call my local BPS and check

Clyde's Sports Shop in Halethorpe is the only place I know of in central MD that stocks Goex. Now if only they'd stock decent musket caps like Scheutzen instead of those gawdawful CCI re-enactor ones to go with the BP...

Also, Grafs has a wide variety of real BP in stock and their HAZMAT shipping cost isn't excessive. https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/3501

Last edited:

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    Good tip. Don’t waste your time. It was crazy. There at 4:50. Giant line. Straight to ammo. They appeared to have some boxes of sig vcrown 9 that went. They did have a giant display of WWB M193 that I helped ravage at .50 cpr. Hard times. They appeared to have a bunch of Herters and tula in 308 and 223, but they were sold out before I grabbed my WWB. I’m sure they were at 0 by 0600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom