• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If you want to attend a gun show in the month of October, you will have your choice of 3.

Oaks PA Oct.5-7
    Bel Air Oct.12-14
    Timonium Oct.20-21

Good luck to those who attend any one or all of them.

Just a personal observation.
    This may be the last time you will find any deals. If the Demwits take over the Senate and/or House of Representatives, I'm sure firearm prices will begin to go up.

I hope and pray that doesn't happen, but..........

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    How does the Oaks Gun Show compare to the Chantilly Show? Oaks claims 1700 tables.

Bigger in my opinion. But DON'T EAT THE FOOD. Unless they changed vendors, the food is good for 2, maybe 3 pit stops on the way home.

I'm just saying.....

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    The NRA magazine listing for the upcoming Oaks says, "Pennsylvania Antique Gun Collectors." Is this a different show than the usual one? :shrug:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The NRA magazine listing for the upcoming Oaks says, "Pennsylvania Antique Gun Collectors." Is this a different show than the usual one? :shrug:

They have a small hall off to the side of the front entrance. That is for the Antique Show. There is a separate cost if you want to do that show.

The 1700 table show is the modern gun show. It's called Guntoberfest. I believe this is their largest show of the entire year. You'll see Class III (Dennis Todd among others), a lot of 80% receivers, ammo, reloading supplies, a large supplier for Dillon reloaders, socks, jerky, jelly/jams/fudge, a lot of milsurp, individuals with 1 table, large dealers with 20 tables. You name it, it's probably there. I just found out that I'm having a furnace replaced in one of my rentals on Thursday and Friday, so I'm not sure I can make it on Friday. I like going on Friday because I like to be able to cherry pick the tables. However if you're looking for the best deals, then Sunday will do you better. But don't look for any steals, or great deals. It's more of a quantity type show. It will take you every bit of 5-6 hours to go through the show if you want to look at every table. I usually go through fast on my first run. Looking for those things I need. Then I will try to remember where things are and make a second pass to see if I can find better deals.

WARNING: If you go on Friday when they open the doors, be prepared to see empty tables. Some of the vendors won't set up until late Friday and some won't show until Saturday morning.

Good luck to anyone going!

splatt

Apr 5, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Definitely taking the trip to Oaks next weekend. Usually miss it because of work'
    That's the one at 100 Station Ave?

Ok, I got it. Website lists 2 different addresses.

Last edited:

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    If anyone misses the Oaks show this weekend the Christmas show is right around the corner, I believe the weekend of 12/14, 15, 16. It is the same size as Guntoberfest. The crazy thing is you will see some of the same vendors that attend Chantilly and York that have all marked up their prices to gouge the New York and New Jersey buyers.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I’ll be going to Oaks this Saturday for the first time ever and I’m bringing some of my buddies with me. I hope it’s worth the 2 1/2 hour drive. I do have a question about it for anyone that has been there, hows the parking situation? I think I read before that it can be some distance from the building? Is it free parking or do I have to pay to park? Thanks in advance!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I’ll be going to Oaks this Saturday for the first time ever and I’m bringing some of my buddies with me. I hope it’s worth the 2 1/2 hour drive. I do have a question about it for anyone that has been there, hows the parking situation? I think I read before that it can be some distance from the building? Is it free parking or do I have to pay to park? Thanks in advance!

Drive around to the back of the building. There's less parking there but most people will park in the front of the building. There is an entrance in the back, so you don't have to walk around. It's 3 very large buildings. Probably 6-8 times larger than any Timonium Show.

Parking is free. But pay attention to the signs. Do not park where it says reserved for other businesses. You will pay for that mistake.

Don't worry about the lines, they usually get you in very quickly.

Good luck and I'm sure you will have fun. LOTS of tables and WIDE aisles.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Ok myself and my buddies got back from the Oaks show a couple hours ago now. It is a large show but there was some empty tables and isles that tables could have been placed. 3 large rooms or halls as some call them. I would say that there was 20-40% the same dealers at Chantilly the week before. I enjoyed the show but I didn’t buy anything! Nothing caught me eye and I didn’t see what I was looking for. But my main mission today was to get one of my buddies out of his house so his wife could set up his surprise birthday party and that worked great as he had always wanted to go to this show and he enjoyed it. Would I go back? Probably not as I can go to Gettysburg, York, Harrisburg or Chantilly to see what I seen today and spend a lot less in time, tolls and gas.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Ok myself and my buddies got back from the Oaks show a couple hours ago now. It is a large show but there was some empty tables and isles that tables could have been placed. 3 large rooms or halls as some call them. I would say that there was 20-40% the same dealers at Chantilly the week before. I enjoyed the show but I didn’t buy anything! Nothing caught me eye and I didn’t see what I was looking for. But my main mission today was to get one of my buddies out of his house so his wife could set up his surprise birthday party and that worked great as he had always wanted to go to this show and he enjoyed it. Would I go back? Probably not as I can go to Gettysburg, York, Harrisburg or Chantilly to see what I seen today and spend a lot less in time, tolls and gas.

Agreed, found this out last year from previous post.. many seemed to point toward the Oaks show as easily the best/largest. Felt like it was identical to the Chantilly or York
    show. Alot of the same tables as found at Chantilly and York. Wasn’t worth the 3hr round trip for me.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    There is a small gun show in PA, not too far up off of RT.15, next weekend, that I have been to in the past, mostly older gun club members selling off stuff.
    I think that it is worth a visit.

:thhttps://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/bloomsburg-gun-show/
    umbsup:

Last edited:

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    I hit up Chantilly last weekend and picked up a few odds and ends. My hope is that I'll finally have my carry permit by the weekend of the Timonium show. I'll be looking to buy a G19 in FDE. I was dissapointed last weekend to see a surplus of 19Xs, but no 19s in FDE.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Agreed, found this out last year from previous post.. many seemed to point toward the Oaks show as easily the best/largest. Felt like it was identical to the Chantilly or York
    show. Alot of the same tables as found at Chantilly and York. Wasn’t worth the 3hr round trip for me.

Yeah it was 2&1/2 hours one way for me!

splatt

Apr 5, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Went yesterday with my nephew. Thought it was a decent show, lots of reloading supplies at fair prices, which is what I went for.
    One vendor was a little on the high side, the other 3 that I saw had powder/primers/bullets about the same as I could get online.
    Saw some nice older Smith and Wessons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom