• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    For various reasons mostly to do with Maryland I'm not really interested in SBR-ing my 9 mm AR then attaching suppressor. Although an 8" barrel is plenty for 9mm since velocity maxes out about 9", I dont want to deal with douchey MD rules. I have a 9mm pistol with brace, not going that route either. 23" of barrel plus supressor is a bit ... long... for a 9mm.

So, been contemplating a 9mm barrel (really: upper) with dedicated supressor. So school me. My first thought- 9mm is really dirty. Or so it seems. Arent these a PITA to clean? My second question is obviously- can I hunt chupacabra in Montgomery County with this? First things first tho.

First world problems, I know.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    They work very well depending on weather you are looking for like a SD type where the barrel is ported to drop the velocity of a super sonic round, To subsonic. I find if you go with a 124 bullet weight or higher they for the most part are extremely quiet. Yes they do run dirty. But invest in 2 things. 1 a ultrasonic cleaner. 2 take and modify a battery post cleaner and mount it in a tube. Use it to clean the OD of ur barrel. Works like a charm! Are they deadly? Yes and extremely quiet. It isn't hateful to do a AR15 9mm that mimics the mp5 SD.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    They work very well depending on weather you are looking for like a SD type where the barrel is ported to drop the velocity of a super sonic round, To subsonic. I find if you go with a 124 bullet weight or higher they for the most part are extremely quiet. Yes they do run dirty. But invest in 2 things. 1 a ultrasonic cleaner. 2 take and modify a battery post cleaner and mount it in a tube. Use it to clean the OD of ur barrel. Works like a charm! Are they deadly? Yes and extremely quiet. It isn't hateful to do a AR15 9mm that mimics the mp5 SD.

I have an ultrasonic cleaner. I assume you mean for the baffles, since the whole integrated barrel/ upper would not fit?

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Well on the 1 I have I kept it a pistol with a brace. And have a removable suppressor. So the suppressor goes in the ultrasonic cleaner. The tool I talked about I use to clean the OD of the barrel. My barrel is about 6 1/2 " long.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    I use a an upper with a 5" barrel with 3/4-10 threads. I screw a CAC 9 can onto it and a round free float guard. SD pdw brace and all is well. Barrel made by TROS. Can also fits my MAC. Just as good as an SBR and one stamp.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I use a an upper with a 5" barrel with 3/4-10 threads. I screw a CAC 9 can onto it and a round free float guard. SD pdw brace and all is well. Barrel made by TROS. Can also fits my MAC. Just as good as an SBR and one stamp.

I went a similar rout, instead opting for a 5" ADCO bbl with 13.5x1LH (European) thread. My Surefire Ryder 9 Ti came available with that piston. It tends to keep the can screwed on better.

SB PDW brace on a QC-10 MP-5 AR lower.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver