• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    I was attempting to install the PRS stock on my M4 lower and the found out that the buffer tube doesn't fit.

Did some research and found out that a round A2 buffer tube will fit.

Now, does anyone knows if I need the tube, spring and basically the whole kit?

Or if anyone has one for sale, don't care if new or used.

Thanks

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You will need an A2 tube, Rifle buffer and Rifle Spring.

You canbuse a carbine buffer and spring but it requires a spacer.

The new PRS2 will work on a collapsible stock tube.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    PRS doesn't use the external A2 spacer. You just need the tube (and a rifle spring and buffer)
    The AR10 specific PRS has a shorter (lengthwise) cheek riser so the longer AR10 charging handle doesn't hit it. You can use the 308 PRS on an AR15 but not the other way around.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    PRS doesn't use the external A2 spacer. You just need the tube (and a rifle spring and buffer)
    The AR10 specific PRS has a shorter (lengthwise) cheek riser so the longer AR10 charging handle doesn't hit it. You can use the 308 PRS on an AR15 but not the other way around.
    Winner. I've seen people chop their AR-15 PRS cheek riser to accommodate, but really, don't be that guy.

I personally find the PRS to be overly heavy, and a bit of a waste on an AR-15/AR-10 where the cheek riser isn't needed unless you're already doing something stupid with your optics. (OTOH, it's somewhat appreciated on my VEPR-54R, where the optic does indeed ride very high.) I've started running with light fixed stocks (traditional A1/A2, the Magpul fixed stocks, etc.) on my scoped ARs, and I very much appreciate them.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Cheek riser height depends on optic size and face shape. Skinny optics and pumpkin shaped heads don't need cheek risers;) A high-power huge objective scope requires a taller mount. Couple that w/ a skinny head/small cheekbones and you need a riser.

The ATACR on my AR10 is mounted as low as it will go. I need a good bit of riser to be comfortable on it. Its a 24" heavy barrel so extra buttstock weight is appreciated. You are right that it is not a light stock.

Fit is subjective.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Winner. I've seen people chop their AR-15 PRS cheek riser to accommodate, but really, don't be that guy.

I personally find the PRS to be overly heavy, and a bit of a waste on an AR-15/AR-10 where the cheek riser isn't needed unless you're already doing something stupid with your optics. (OTOH, it's somewhat appreciated on my VEPR-54R, where the optic does indeed ride very high.) I've started running with light fixed stocks (traditional A1/A2, the Magpul fixed stocks, etc.) on my scoped ARs, and I very much appreciate them.
    Going for a precision AR10 in 308. Figured I'd do it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom