• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitbull410

Aug 1, 2016
    I don't have any of their receivers, but I do have many of their other parts they make and I can tell you they are all top of line items. Planning on buying a lot more from.them in the future.

That said. Like the guy above stated it looks like a standard forged receiver, may as well buy one someone has in stock locally and not pay the transfer fee

Pitbull410

Aug 1, 2016
    From what I understand v7 was started by a former noveske gunsmith also if that means anything for you as far as quality standards

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Cool parts. However the lightweight upper I have is just a re-machined Anderson forging - you can tell by the ejection port **** up - marked up hideously. They have some innovative items and others not so much.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    Is there anything special about this lower? Nothing about it seems to justify the cost. I'd sooner go for either a locally bought lower or one for a good price online.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    You got ot. Their lightweight lower? That's an interesting buy, albeit expensive. This one? Not so much.

Yeah, I totally get it if it's real light and someone plans to use it for a lightweight build. I mean, Hell, I spent a bit extra to get a lower with no rollmark. But yeah, this one seems totally generic except for the price.

esrepairman

Mar 21, 2011
    Fredneck, MD
    Out of curiosity what do Engage lowers typically run for?

I was there the other day, they had a Stag Arms lower for about $120 I think, then a couple of Spikes Tactical lowers at $200+, at least that is what I remember, can't swear to it. They didn't have any of there own Engage lowers for sale, they were all designated for full rifle builds.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    So for the record A1Uniform has a few lowers in stock and they have 2-3 of the skull faced lowers. They were pretty badass, I think they were the spikes brand skull faced lowers but don't quote me on that you'd have to call Greg.

And Laz to answer your question I think a regular Engage lower is 125

Pitbull410

Aug 1, 2016
    Pretty sure engage is not selling their stripperd lowers for the time being. Can only get one if you buy a full built rifle I think.

OP get whatever you like more if money doesn't matter to you. I personally spend more on parts to get something I truly like/want, not interested in hoarding lowers for no purpose, can only shoot one at a time anyway.

Brad

Mar 20, 2013
    Glen Arm
    Pretty sure engage is not selling their stripperd lowers for the time being. Can only get one if you buy a full built rifle I think.

OP get whatever you like more if money doesn't matter to you. I personally spend more on parts to get something I truly like/want, not interested in hoarding lowers for no purpose, can only shoot one at a time anyway.

Get what you want if $ isn't an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom