• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    There is a new bolt rifle by Armscor/Rock Island out chambered in the 22 TCM. It comes with a 5 round magazine but cant take a 17 round double stack. I don't know why I need a gun in yet another caliber, but this looks really interesting to me. Anybody have one or shoot one? Would be interested in thoughts on it.

Cheers.

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    Wouldn't really call it 'new' it's been out for a bit now. Saw one in person at a shop once and have been intrigued by it since. The 22TCM is a nice little package which seems to fill the niche of 'high speed small caliber' that the 17 Mach2's use to fill. The neat-o part to me that caught my attention was the fact that 22TCM is basically almost on par with FN's 5.7x28, but in a more compact overall cartridge. Compile that with a double stack 1911 that RIA (ARMSCOR) makes that shoots 9mm and 22TCM (includes a barrel of each) is a deal! Same mags, just different barrel in that package, and those are the double stack mags that the rifle uses as well.

If you start going deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole of 22TCM, you will start to get side tracked on the custom rifles that were made out of a stock M22 BA's. One shop has gone far enough to rebore the barrel out so that the rifle takes 9mm Luger (like the mags that it uses) to create a bolt action 9mm.

If I can find one of the 1911's in a local shop I think I'd jump into the 22TCM market and most likely hop on a rifle at the same time.

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    Can't blame you on assuming they were new. First time I saw one a few months back I thought it was a new thing, but nope it had been out since late 2013/early 2014. Just happens to be a rifle that isn't mainstream since it has a proprietary cartridge that only ARMSCOR is using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom