• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cokebuck

Don't Re-Member
    Apr 1, 2016
    If you paid then at the very least you'll get your money back. I mean they refund if application is denied many months down the line so in this case, same thing. Just have to request the refund. Credit card charge proof would help but I would think everything is in their system.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I just went online to check on a form 1 I supposedly submitted in January for an SBR.

It's right there in the account. Validated, never submitted. Worst thing is, I can't remember if I paid for the tax stamp already?

:sad20::mad54:

Double checked mine a couple of times. It says submitted and they got my $200. Just waiting for my turn I guess. Just taking a bit longer than I thought it would for this one. First time doing the eFile thing.

Dave

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Don't be surprised. The Ask the Expert thing works well. They answer back promptly within a couple days. Most credit card online thingys archive over a year back. Who knows, if they took the money back in January maybe they'll let you pass, but then again Gov't is stickler for details. At least get your money back.

You weren't kidding! I got an email from them today asking me some questions about the problem I had.

Luckily I kept a copy of the e-pay email in my email folder so I was ale to provide that to them. Hopefully that helps.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You weren't kidding! I got an email from them today asking me some questions about the problem I had.

Luckily I kept a copy of the e-pay email in my email folder so I was ale to provide that to them. Hopefully that helps.

Sounds like there's a good chance...:fingerscrossed:

killng

Nov 29, 2015
    moco
    0f155e59a3dd58a0c279d59c3b7a19c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Ooh nice!

Let us know how you like the Obsidian.
    If I ever buy another pistol can, that will be it.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Ooh nice!

Let us know how you like the Obsidian.
    If I ever buy another pistol can, that will be it.

Same here. I attempted to buy one before the deadline but they went OOS the day I was ready.:(

I'm 6 months into waiting for my yhm phantom. I just don't know if I can subject myself to this kind of anxiety again...

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    Although I haven't done this, a good way to reduce wait time anxiety would be to buy/make X number of NFA items a year on a schedule.
    So let's say every 6 mos you buy a can, and every 6 mos you SBR a lower. If you stagger it, you do an NFA item every three mos.
    Cost of lowers can be kept down if you stockpile stripped. If you knew that every thee mos you were notched another, the stress and clock watching would be much lower. Also spreads out the cost.
    In fact, you are well incentived not to "cheat" and buy early because if the ATF applications are bunched up in time, it creates more anxiety waiting for the stamps. Plus it could be fun to be like "It's June 1, time to get a receiver!"
    In a few years, you'd have a box of SBR receivers, which would be hilarious.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Although I haven't done this, a good way to reduce wait time anxiety would be to buy/make X number of NFA items a year on a schedule.
    So let's say every 6 mos you buy a can, and every 6 mos you SBR a lower. If you stagger it, you do an NFA item every three mos.
    Cost of lowers can be kept down if you stockpile stripped. If you knew that every thee mos you were notched another, the stress and clock watching would be much lower. Also spreads out the cost.
    In fact, you are well incentived not to "cheat" and buy early because if the ATF applications are bunched up in time, it creates more anxiety waiting for the stamps. Plus it could be fun to be like "It's June 1, time to get a receiver!"

Sounds like a great plan for any member of NFAA :D

cokebuck

Don't Re-Member
    Apr 1, 2016

I like your donuts

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom