• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    I want to add a Yugo sks to my small collection. Top gun supply got it for $399.99 for a grade A.

Do you all think I should get it now or will the price be where it's at in the near future depends on trump presidency?

What's your thoughts?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    SKS have been only the up and up for 15 years. I don't see them decreasing in value unless someone has a hot import tip they are sitting on

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    They've never stopped going up because internet posts over the years have increased the demand pool. Buy now.

For collector value going forward, Russian SKS's will lead the pack, but all these rifles should increase in value.

In the 80s, even Ruskie SKS's were $79 deer rifles.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Bird in hand worth two in bush...

In my limited experience, with these c$r guns, buy now cause their price seems to creep upward.

Classic or SOG (forget which) has unissued Yugo SKS - might want to check out.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If I had the spare change and didn't have several other guns higher on the list, I'd snap it up for that.

On the one hand, I don't see demand slacking or a big new supply. On the other hand, Trump might just relax Russian arms importation restrictions as well as gun owners relaxing post election and some people being more open to liquidating some of their guns for various reasons.

If I had to guess what you are more likely to see is the price holding steady for a few years instead of steadily increasing. Tha for it MIGHT soften some.

There are some areas we might see old prices, like ammo as I'd bet my left nut demand is going to drop a lot. I doubt gun prices are going to drop much. Maybe more deals and sales. I just don't see interest in C&Rs like SKS, Garand, etc just drying up.

Every year there are more people around and some of the stuff isn't made any longer, so no more supply.

Why one of my next big purchases is a Garand.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    They've never stopped going up because internet posts over the years have increased the demand pool. Buy now.

For collector value going forward, Russian SKS's will lead the pack, but all these rifles should increase in value.

In the 80s, even Ruskie SKS's were $79 deer rifles.

Mine were $89ea. Tula ..

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    If you got a Yugo now and Trump lifted the Russian ban, you would be happy twice!
    Get the Yugo now, and your happy.
    If you can get a Russian later, you'd be happy. If the ban got lifted, the Russians would still sell for $500 or more. $800 if only Classic was to sell.
    Some import change where a Yugo goes for less than $400, not likely

I've said it a few times, the SKS is an awsome cheap shooter with Walmart ammo for 25 cents a round or less.
    Plus its a great SHTF rifle, shoots 7.62x39 plus a built in Bayo? GET OUT!

I have 2 Chinese from Albania and NEVER have they failed to feed, jammed or hiccuped!

Don't bother with the 30 round mags, I just keep my tulamo on 10 round stripper clips and they reload plenty quick.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Buy one now if you want a second pick it up later. Buy once, cry once.

Sure the craziness has subsided but import restrictions still exist and supply is finite.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    I bought two unissued SKSs 5 yrs ago for less than $300ea. I saw one in a gun shop last year in unissued condition selling for $550. I wish my 401k was doing that good.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I still kick myself for not picking up a Cherry import back in the day.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    I don't know much about SKS's, are the unissued Yugo's for $419.00 on SOG a good deal?

From the looks of they sell/ship directly to the buyer wity no FFL. Is this correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom