• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    cz_p_07_duty_9mm_threaded_barrel_new_9_3822.jpg

Gun review: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/06/ryan-finn/gun-review-cz-75-p07-duty-9mm/

I like it. A lot. Replacement for P228?

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    They have the same awesome feel as the 75's. Looks fun with a suppressor, not sure what I would do with it though. I prefer .45 for HD, so my USP 45 takes care of that problem. They also have a full size P09 in development and of course the SP-01 Phantom. But my real CZ addiction is the Custom Shop :sad20:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    They have the same awesome feel as the 75's. Looks fun with a suppressor, not sure what I would do with it though. I prefer .45 for HD, so my USP 45 takes care of that problem. They also have a full size P09 in development and of course the SP-01 Phantom. But my real CZ addiction is the Custom Shop :sad20:

In the video it says you can use standard CZ75 mags in the P-07 that is a huge bonus.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Speaking of the P09, here is former NHL player Bobby Holik shooting one.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I wonder how much the suppressor costs?

Google says:

http://www.k2firearms.com/22suppressors/9suppressors/9suppressors.html

Thompson Machine ISIS-2

-9mm
    -6061 T6 Aluminum
    -7oz without mount
    -7.8” without mount
    -22LR/ and 300BLK Subsonic Compatible
    -Monocore Baffle
    -Fully Disassembleable
    -Compatible with Gemtech MULTIMOUNT Adapters
    Manufacturer's Website

NOTE: Body Only, Requires Mount

$349.00 (body only) +shipping
    $499.00 (w/ 1/2x28 recoil booster mount) +shipping

Yme

Platinum Member
    Nov 3, 2012

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Since the P-10 is now being introduced, I thought I would revisit this thread.

The P-07 has some advantages over many other CZ's still today and with the P-10.

One of which is the hammer, which makes it much more training friendly.

I do wonder if it's possible to modify the P-07 mags to make them work in the P-10?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I do wonder if it's possible to modify the P-07 mags to make them work in the P-10?

P07 mags hold 15 rounds and are shorter than CZ-75 mags. And P07 mags are CZ branded only, so you get to pay $48 a pop for them. They are slightly deeper versus the 75 mags, which is why 75 mags rattle when inserted into P07s. I'm thinking P07 mags are like Glock 19 mags in Glock 17s. You'd have to modify the P10 to get the shorter mags to fit.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    I just bought a P07 gen2, I saw somewhere the Duty isn't that good?

If it is anything like my P09 I'll be very pleased.

FYI GunMag WH has 3 packs of CZ P07 and P09 bucks...

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

I'll have to check that out. What's different with the gen2 than the "Duty"?

I like dry fire training with double action guns, vice having to charge the slide of a striker fired gun before every dryfire. I find people tend to short stroke and develop 'muscle memory' to rack the slide between each shot, so under great stress they might do this. Train more like you plan/hope to fight and all that. :)

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

Not all Duty versions would drop an empty mag, you'd have to pull it out. New P07s have no problem dropping an empty magazine.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I'll have to check that out. What's different with the gen2 than the "Duty"?

I like dry fire training with double action guns, vice having to charge the slide of a striker fired gun before every dryfire. I find people tend to short stroke and develop 'muscle memory' to rack the slide between each shot, so under great stress they might do this. Train more like you plan/hope to fight and all that. :)

I've owned both - recently purchased the Gen 2 Urban Grey threaded version model so I could shoot suppressed, and ended up selling my P07 Duty. I had no issues at all with my Gen 1, and I shot very good with it. The major differences between the two versions:

• Gen 2 has changeable backstraps
    • Gen 2 has front slide serrations
    • Sights are three dot on Gen 2
    • Slightly improved trigger
    • New P07 mags are 15 round instead of 16 round (some people had issues with the 16 round mags)

Grey_Man

Feb 25, 2010
    Fruitland
    FYI, CZ now has the Kadet .22LR adapter kit for the P07. That's a major selling point to me.
    Gunny, let us know how yours shoots. A P07 has been on my mind for a long time.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    FYI, CZ now has the Kadet .22LR adapter kit for the P07. That's a major selling point to me.
    Gunny, let us know how yours shoots. A P07 has been on my mind for a long time.

Agreed. Eager to here if cz got it right too. Some of these .22lr training slides with barrels suck, but seem to work well in high end guns (glock, sig, etc, now cz).

I've owned both - recently purchased the Gen 2 Urban Grey threaded version model so I could shoot suppressed, and ended up selling my P07 Duty. I had no issues at all with my Gen 1, and I shot very good with it. The major differences between the two versions:

• Gen 2 has changeable backstraps
    • Gen 2 has front slide serrations
    • Sights are three dot on Gen 2
    • Slightly improved trigger
    • New P07 mags are 15 round instead of 16 round (some people had issues with the 16 round mags)

Great info thx. I prefer the p07 trigger over the excellent p01.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom