• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Pretty sure engage is not selling their stripperd lowers for the time being. Can only get one if you buy a full built rifle I think.

OP get whatever you like more if money doesn't matter to you. I personally spend more on parts to get something I truly like/want, not interested in hoarding lowers for no purpose, can only shoot one at a time anyway.

I am not personally hoarding them but I can see the purpose to more than one. I don't need or want 30...but 3 seems like a good number. Build one as a pistol and two as rifles. It means I have a "spare" rifle I can loan a friend if we are going to the range together and not sharing a bench, or going varmit/coyote hunting or whatever. It also means I can keep one lower for, say, all my .223/5.56 uppers and one dedicated to my "bigger calibers" like building one as a .300 blackout or .277 Wolverine and leaving that upper on it. Or keeping one as an HD gun with a 16" upper and having the other one keep whatever other upper(s) on there.

Or heck one as a rifle, one as a pistol and one that might never get built. On the last if for some crazy reason one/both ARs get stolen in a break in or something I've got a lower I can build out again. Same thing if laws change some day and something happens to one of my built ARs. You can't replace a lost/stolen "banned" gun in Maryland. You can have a defective one replaced by the manufacturer...but that is it (I assume that would cover replacement for a damaged one).

Some like the Anderson lowers are cheap enough buying that one or two spare isn't a big deal. Even just getting in to ARs that is just my 2 cents on it. I won't call those with 20 lowers and a dozen built rifles crazy...but it does seem a little extreme to me :-)

Pitbull410

Aug 1, 2016
    I am not personally hoarding them but I can see the purpose to more than one. I don't need or want 30...but 3 seems like a good number. Build one as a pistol and two as rifles. It means I have a "spare" rifle I can loan a friend if we are going to the range together and not sharing a bench, or going varmit/coyote hunting or whatever. It also means I can keep one lower for, say, all my .223/5.56 uppers and one dedicated to my "bigger calibers" like building one as a .300 blackout or .277 Wolverine and leaving that upper on it. Or keeping one as an HD gun with a 16" upper and having the other one keep whatever other upper(s) on there.

Or heck one as a rifle, one as a pistol and one that might never get built. On the last if for some crazy reason one/both ARs get stolen in a break in or something I've got a lower I can build out again. Same thing if laws change some day and something happens to one of my built ARs. You can't replace a lost/stolen "banned" gun in Maryland. You can have a defective one replaced by the manufacturer...but that is it (I assume that would cover replacement for a damaged one).

Some like the Anderson lowers are cheap enough buying that one or two spare isn't a big deal. Even just getting in to ARs that is just my 2 cents on it. I won't call those with 20 lowers and a dozen built rifles crazy...but it does seem a little extreme to me :-)

Oh I agree 100% with you, got a couple myself.

esrepairman

Mar 21, 2011
    Fredneck, MD
    Well I went to the Frederick show today to buy a stripped Lower. South Mountain Arms had 3 or more Anderson's for $60 right as I walked in the door. I usually walk around before buying. By the time I got back to their table, all were gone. I saw some pricey billet lowers, and some Aero Precision for ~$140. Ended up getting a good deal on a Yankee Hill Machine stripped lower. Yes a bit more than an Anderson, but I like the looks of it and I am going to build just what I want this time around on this build. I have an old BM M4 carbine with many 1000's of rounds through it, that is pretty beat up but a compact straight shooter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom