• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    Put the upper together. Note to everyone including myself. Remove the set screw and pin for the forward assist before have any annodizing or finishes applied. I left them in as not to lose them. And the loctite melted into the floating pin and made it difficult to remove.

Just curious, how is this relevant to a thread on the KS-47?

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Because it was actually designed before the KS-47 and is in competition with it as well. With the issues of the KS-47 people have asked if there is a better sub. So I'm giving my input since no 1 else here has 1 on the platform.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Just curious, how is this relevant to a thread on the KS-47?
    We were previously discussing design differences upthread comparing this receiver to the KS-47 to understand fixes that would possibly improve mag seating in the PSA product.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wonder what the total adds up to if you buy the other components from them? In my view, if it's hit or miss with the bolt lugs riding the mag feed lips, and for those with the problem being relegated to polymer mags that can be worn down, it's a $650-700 rifle. Not selling mine, but after reports on the PA-10 and my experience with the KS-47, I'll wait a year on anything new that PSA designs before considering to buy one.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I asked 2 employees at the mount pleasant SC store about the KS-47 having issues while I was there. They of course blew sunshine up my butt and said they haven't heard of any issues and that any magazine of course should not be touching when shooting from a bench.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I asked 2 employees at the mount pleasant SC store about the KS-47 having issues while I was there. They of course blew sunshine up my butt and said they haven't heard of any issues and that any magazine of course should not be touching when shooting from a bench.

Maybe people are getting a little to intimate with their rifles? Perhaps touchy feely ??:innocent0

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I quess someone at palmetto finally pulled their head out of their butt and is allowing lowers to be ordered and shipped from maryland. I ordered one of the ks 47 blem lowers friday and it is enroute to my ffl now. Should be there wednesday. Their website says no complete lowers will be shipped to maryland but doesn't say anything about stripped lowers.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Maybe they needed to expand the map for sales given the bad initial user reports.

I will say that after my 7.62x39 PMAG feed lips were ground down by the bolt lugs, my KS-47 has performed nicely. It's fun to shoot at the range. I made some MDSers try it out at the last Dottrio event ... if I remember correctly, MPDC, Zzzzz_man, DA, Outrider, and some new guy who had never shot an AR before. It shot fine for them. The new guy was asking how to buy one after trying it, lol.

It still has a problem if one grabs the mag while shooting, but maybe with even more feed lip wear, this would go away too.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I quess someone at palmetto finally pulled their head out of their butt and is allowing lowers to be ordered and shipped from maryland. I ordered one of the ks 47 blem lowers friday and it is enroute to my ffl now. Should be there wednesday. Their website says no complete lowers will be shipped to maryland but doesn't say anything about stripped lowers.

Check out post #149 from May :D

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Ya a did a search and found this thread. Just didn't read all of it. At the 159.00 price I couldn't pass it up. I really want an ak pistol but I refuse to get the hql so I'm just gonna build one. The ability to use ak mags works really well for me. I don't want to go out and get specialty mags when I got a ton of ak mags.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I put 180 rounds of tula through my ks-47 this sunday. when using the worn in p mag and not holding the magazine it shot fine and fed fine.

when using a new or lightly used p mag, I had a few issues getting the first round to feed but after firing the first round the rest fed fine.

My take is still that after wearing p mags in and just not holding the magazine or letting it rest on anything will have the rifle shoot fine. its a pretty accurate rifle out of the box. mine was shooting tad low-left without any adjustment.

I am still not sure if I will sell if sales pick up after today or not.

I like this rifle, its cheap to shoot, but I hate having that reliability issue sit in the back of my mind.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I put 180 rounds of tula through my ks-47 this sunday. when using the worn in p mag and not holding the magazine it shot fine and fed fine.

when using a new or lightly used p mag, I had a few issues getting the first round to feed but after firing the first round the rest fed fine.

My take is still that after wearing p mags in and just not holding the magazine or letting it rest on anything will have the rifle shoot fine. its a pretty accurate rifle out of the box. mine was shooting tad low-left without any adjustment.

I am still not sure if I will sell if sales pick up after today or not.

I like this rifle, its cheap to shoot, but I hate having that reliability issue sit in the back of my mind.

Nothing worse than having something your not 100% sure will work all the time.

In an emergency situation, I would grab my KS-47 before any of my bolt actions, 10/22s, mini-14 (if I still had it), or even trusted 30-30.

I would not pick it over one of my 5.56 AR-15s.

However, if I had a lightweight Sig MCX in 7.62x39 (assuming this takes AK-47 mags), I would be tempted. The Sig MCX in 300 BLK is another option that I've been contemplating. The weight, Sig reputation for quality, AR rail system, and even side folding stock on the MCX are appealing to me. AR-like reliability with a slightly bigger caliber would move these to the top.

I really do like the modularity of the KS-47 (am dropping in a Larue MBT soon), the AR rail system, the light weight, and relatively low recoil. Shooting less expensive 7.62x39 relatively accurately are other advantages. If it had larger intercompatibility with AK-47 mags and a slightly better price point, I think the KS-47 would be a no brainer (and maybe the Sig MCX rifles would be less tempting).

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I don't believe they make a MCX in 7.62 X 39 ? I have seen it in 300 blackout . I know they have a 556XI in 7.62 X 39 and the earlier 556R .

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    If one is willing to roll the dice with potential mag issues (hit or miss - and if miss - polymer mag feed lips can be worn to work), two good deals from PSA for a basic KS-47 rifle build as well as pistol build ...

https://www.slickguns.com/product/psa-ks47-16-classic-mid-length-rifle-kit-77932146-39999-shipped

https://www.slickguns.com/product/p...eight-keymod-nitride-classic-pistol-kit-54999

$400 for either

KS-47 blem lowers have been on sale for $160 ...

https://www.slickguns.com/product/blem-psa-ks47-lower-receiver-7793198-19999-shipped

Even with the potential limitations, I'd be tempted at these prices ($560 for everything needed other than the mags).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom