• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    OK I sent mine certified last Monday, checked my bank account and my check hasn't been cashed yet. I can't find the stupid little confirmation ticket from the USPS to check on delivery, it appears from others that have posted that they are cashing the checks quick and calling for interviews. Should I be concerned today or wait it out until Wednesday? Maybe I made a mistake somewhere, the checks for the app were supposed to be made out to MSP correct? I never did see anywhere on the app who to make it out to just the address to mail it to. Thanks for the advice and help.
    George

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Since the Feds went over my records last year for an update to my background investigation, randomly talking to neighbors and co-workers, and conducting a 45 minute interview with me, this looks like a piece of cake. It's just with no polygraph, but with Maryland state efficiency.

How did the interview with you go? what did they ask and was it on the phone or did you have to go to MSP headquarters?

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    March, 09 - Livescan
    March, 09 - App. in the mail certified
    March, 10 - Check in the mail certified. Forgot to send it with app.
    March, 16 - Call from MSP Interview
    March, 16 - Letter from Department of Public Safety and Correctional Division
    March, 16 - MSP called wife.
    March, 16 - emailed boss that MSP will call about my permit.

Check still not cashed.

How did the interview with you go and what did they ask?

Was your interview on the phone or did you have to go to MSP headquarters?

What questions did they ask your wife?

Did you use your wife on your app or are they just looking for any possible reason to keep you from getting your permit?

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    app delay

JACKSON 923

I sent mine certified also...maybe a big mistake! When I followed the tracking system it told me that attempt to deliver was made but noone was authorized to sign. It was returned to post office awaiting a call from MSP that they were ready to receive it...YEAH, They're gonna do that right?

I called the post office and they flat refused to do anything, said their system is all that can happen. I also pleaded with them to ignore the signature requ'd and just deliver it as normal. They refused.

2 days later I did check again and it had been redelivered...no idea what happened. Not sure requesting MSP to sign for something is a good idea...it al least delayed mine and I feared worse than that!

Vjornaxx

Twelve
    Mar 8, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Did they request a copy of your birth certificate?

No, but I figured that would show that even though I was born in Korea, the US birth certificate would be the proof that I am not naturalized. I was hoping to get some clarification when I went to the licensing office, but the clerk wasn't very helpful and I wasn't able to speak with a sworn officer in licensing. Also, the phone system for licensing is a joke... No way to speak with a human. Guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    JACKSON 923

I sent mine certified also...maybe a big mistake! When I followed the tracking system it told me that attempt to deliver was made but noone was authorized to sign. It was returned to post office awaiting a call from MSP that they were ready to receive it...YEAH, They're gonna do that right?

I called the post office and they flat refused to do anything, said their system is all that can happen. I also pleaded with them to ignore the signature requ'd and just deliver it as normal. They refused.

2 days later I did check again and it had been redelivered...no idea what happened. Not sure requesting MSP to sign for something is a good idea...it al least delayed mine and I feared worse than that!

OK thanks for the heads up, I don't think I requested a signature, think I just sent mine with a confirmation of receipt that it was delivered. Gonna be so mad if it's sitting in the post office and I have to go there or worse it's returned to me.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I mailed mine Certified Mail on the 14th, just got my return reciept back today, dated the 15th. I'm good to go.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    19 MAR 2012 Mailed

20 MAR 2012 Arrived

22 MAR 2012 Received Letter from Department of Public Safety and Correctional Division

23 MAR 2012 Check Cashed

Last edited:

drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]
    OK I sent mine certified last Monday, checked my bank account and my check hasn't been cashed yet. I can't find the stupid little confirmation ticket from the USPS to check on delivery, it appears from others that have posted that they are cashing the checks quick and calling for interviews. Should I be concerned today or wait it out until Wednesday? Maybe I made a mistake somewhere, the checks for the app were supposed to be made out to MSP correct? I never did see anywhere on the app who to make it out to just the address to mail it to. Thanks for the advice and help.
    George
    I wouldnt worry yet. I have the following:
    March 07 - Mailed Application, Pics, Livescan Cert, and check. Sent via USPS certified with return receipt
    March 08 - Packet received by Trooper First Class E. Brown
    March 09 - Received USPS Delivery Return Receipt
    March 12 - Check was cashed by MSP (hand written # on check looks like 8065.. hard to tell)

No contact by the MSP yet. and depending on bank, may take more time to clear your bank. Should hit soon though... if MSP are depositing checks daily...

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Received a call today from SGT ***** around 14:40 hrs. He asked me the same questions that was asked of all of the other board members, he also called my place of employment, I called them later to find out what was asked. He only asked if Capt ****** was employed there, the individual stated yes, he said ok. SGT ***** then called my wife and asked her if there has been any domestic violence at home and if there was anything that should prevent me from a CCW permit. After SGT ***** asked me questions he told me that "there have been a lot of applicants, MSP should know something by the end of the week regarding the appeal, if the appeal is in favor of MSP most permits will not be issued because applicants have not proven a G&S reason, he said I could appeal if I'm denied but most likely the appeal board will support MSP's decision" Who is going to file the lawsuit when we're all denied?

duckmd

Feb 26, 2011
    Sending my application in the mail today. I did the photo and live scans yesterday. I don't expect to get approved, but not afraid to try.

edit**After I left the post office I went back to my office to find live scan receipt still sitting on my desk. I had to go back to the post office, get my envelope back, and then re do. I really should have had a cup of coffee before doing anything official.

JCENTSR6

Mar 15, 2012
    Sent mine!

03/16/2012:
    Printed App and filled out
    Performed Livescan in Annapolis, MD
    Took Photos

03/19/2012:
    Mailed Priority Mail USPS w/ delivery confirmation (no sign required) @ 3:32pm

03/20/2012:
    Delivered to MSP @ 8:25am :party29:

Very Happy with delivery after reading compaints.

Delivered
    March 20, 2012, 8:25 am
    PIKESVILLE, MD 21282
    Expected Delivery By:
    March 20, 2012

Delivery Confirmation™

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
    March 20, 2012, 2:50 am
    BALTIMORE, MD 21233

Acceptance
    March 19, 2012, 3:32 pm
    ANNAPOLIS, MD 21401

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    My app was rec'd and singed for 3/15. Today [3/20] rec'd a letter dated 3/19 that my criminal history check was ok. As of right now my check has not been cashed.

theBIGone2087

Point-of-Aim Productions
    Aug 15, 2010
    Laurel, MD
    MSP received my application on March 14th. Backgrond cleared on 3/20. No check cashed yet, nor have I been called for anything.

Last edited:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Update...

Received my Maryland "good boy" letter today, and had a thought...

I didn't have need for a "Page 10", and came back clean. Has anyone else with that combination gotten a phone call?

Got my letter today saying I wasn't a criminal to their knowledge, no phone call, no check cashed.

(page 10 totally blank and line struck through it).

The non-cleared check has me a little concerned. It was received last Thursday, they seemed to be getting them off to the back fairly fast there last week, now,..... not so much.:confused:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Update...

Received my Maryland "good boy" letter today, and had a thought...

I didn't have need for a "Page 10", and came back clean. Has anyone else with that combination gotten a phone call?
    I also got my letter today, my page 10 was completely full, (wait till they have to sort that mess out) no phone call and no cashed check as of today, and my application was received on the 14th.
    my page 10 is probably the reason they stopped calling everyone, I figure they put all involved in the process to figuring it out.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom