• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=910514

I ordered this stock for my Marlin Model 45 Camp Carbine from MidwayUSA on the 20th, and it arrived on the BBTOH today. Interesting time getting the telescoping shoulder stock to actually telescope -- apparently the finish inside the stock has an affinity with the finish on the tube it slides over. I had to pull up the adjustment lever and twist it over to get the locking rod all the way out of its holes, then hold the stock and push on the pistol grip with my foot to get it to move. Once that happened, though, everything seemed to work smoothly.

I'm impressed so far. The stock is well-made and looks like it means business. It fits the Marlin 45 Camp Carbine action and barrel more closely than the original birch stock does; so well, in fact, that it takes some finesse to get the receiver into place. Once there, the joints are very close and even. It looks good and feels like it belongs there.

The pistol grip makes shouldering the carbine easy and, once the length of pull is set, it feels very natural. I plan to get this beast to Continental Arms sometime soon to run a few magazines of .45 ACP through it and see how much better it handles now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom