• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The spikes tactical brown recluse.

Probably one of the quietest integrally suppressed 9mm platforms out there.

Check out the video below.

Crazyal at Myrtlegrove running my brown recluse. 115 grain fmj. (Fiochi). It’s standard supersonic ball ammo.

The barrel is ported at the base to bleed off excess gas. This rifle has a similar suppressor design to the mp5sd.

Attachments

• 8EFE844D-0230-4326-ADD7-E198C93FBDE8.jpg
      8EFE844D-0230-4326-ADD7-E198C93FBDE8.jpg
      80.3 KB · Views: 742

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have been wanting one bad that takes glock mags, but that is a rainbow unicorn...

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Any chance of a photo of that? How do they route the gas safely?

I’m curious about that as well. The barrel is encapsulated by the suppressor housing and that is pinned/ welded in place. ( single stamp gun). I can service the baffles , but can’t really inspect or disassemble the barrel assembly.

There also isn’t a specific manual for the “ brown recluse “. It shipped with a standard AR manual. You’re going to have to call spikes tactical for more info.

Whatever they did. Works. Accuracy on the rifle is also superb. I was tagging a 3” rubber sniper block at 110 yards with boring regularity.

The suppressor is very efficient. It’s quieter than a suppressed g19 with 158 fiochi subsonics. Efficiency is up to par with the factory MP5SD.

It’s definitely quieter than most muzzle attached suppressors.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I looked at the specs. The barrel on the Recluse is 6.75" and the one on the LRM is 4.5" The LRM may be louder because of that. Hmmmm, might need to get one of these, just the upper, to check it out. Mean Arms has an adapter for P-Mags Gen2/3 to let you shoot 9mm without the need of a magwell block.

I also have a Gemtech Talon 9mm Upper and a Multimount 9mm can. That is louder than my LRM-169 upper. The LRM-169 is built like an MP5SD.

As the can is welded I would recommend an MP5SD barrel cleaning tool in case of fowling. I can explain how to make one pretty cheaply. Works well for getting under the handguard and cleaning the barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom