• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    Hopefully good things to follow from an appointee from Hogan's cabinet.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I thought this was the most enlightening post from the "Still no MSP Head" thread
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=3613052&postcount=200

The State Police have been forced to suffer through a series of Superintendents who never wore the stetson a day in their lives prior to being appointed to head the organization. I can't say exactly how much of a difference this fact has made in terms of the day to day operations of the agency but I can tell you from conversations that I've had that the rank and file have noticed this fact and they resent the hell out of it. The internal culture of every Police agency is different. LAPD, BPD, NYPD, MSP and every other Department in between does things differently and they all have different priorities. I would characterize MSP as a proud agency more than anything else. Tradition is very, very important to Troopers. Having someone who came up through the ranks at the helm the way LTC Pallozzi did is sure to improve morale and that's a fact that any Governor should consider in making his decision as to who he will nominate to fill the position.

Now as far as the 2nd Amendment community is concerned, LTC Pallozzi was in charge of the Support Services Bureau prior to his retirement. That means that he oversaw the licensing division of the Maryland State Police and was Captain McCauley's superior when Captain McCauley was commander of the licensing division. I don't know LTC Pallozzi and I wouldn't recognize him if he walked up to me on the street and offered to shake my hand. I don't know his personality or his politics. What I do know is that he is intimately familiar with the internal workings of the State Police in general and the licensing division in particular. I'm also encouraged by the fact that when members of AG Gansler's MSP detail complained about the AG ordering them to break the law by proceeding Code 1 for the AG's convenience LTC Pallozzi stuck up for his men and all but called the Attorney General a liar on network television. At the time LTC Pallozzi made those comments the prospect of a long shot Republican candidate being elected Governor was a distant fantasy. If he was a man interested in scoring political points he would have been better served by remaining silent or throwing his own men under the bus. In the end, he did neither but rather publicly rebuked the Attorney General. I give him credit for that and I think it bodes well on many fronts.

I don't believe for a moment that Governor Elect Hogan would nominate someone who will make things harder for us. We may not have gotten him elected but our support certainly didn't hurt him no matter how hard Anthony Brown tried to make it backfire. I for one will wait and see what our incoming Governor has in store for us. Unless he proves himself hostile to the Second Amendment I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    We've said it on here, and I've heard from other sources who are more on the inside track, that what we have hoped for - defacto "Shall Issue" with a mandate that self-defense is a good and substantial reason - is going to happen. I think that Pallozzi is a big piece of that puzzle.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...20131122_1_skybox-brown-ulman-stadium-boxes/2

Hmmmmm
    Brown's office invited William M. Pallozzi, a Maryland State Police supervisor, to the Aug. 19 game this year.

Pallozzi's subordinate, Lt. Charles Ardolini of the executive protection unit, was the author of a December 2011 memo to Pallozzi accusing Gansler of routinely telling his state police drivers to speed and run red lights. The comments were reported last month in The Washington Post. Gansler fired back, calling Ardolini a "henchman" of O'Malley and Brown.

We've said it on here, and I've heard from other sources who are more on the inside track, that what we have hoped for - defacto "Shall Issue" with a mandate that self-defense is a good and substantial reason - is going to happen. I think that Pallozzi is a big piece of that puzzle.

:lol: That would be political suicide and the GA would fight Hogan over every little thing if that happens.

If something seems to good to be true, it probably is.

Mr H

Banana'd
    :lol: That would be political suicide and the GA would fight Hogan over every little thing if that happens.

If something seems to good to be true, it probably is.

You bring up a good point, that was raised some time back as well.

The timing this year for many things will be critical, and G&S may well be among the top issues needing to be handled delicately (and likely after session).

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Post session would be the best time. Actually, 1 day after sin die. The GA doesn't meet until the next year, and only the Govenor can call a special session.

It would give plenty of time to process permits.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    With apologies, I am cross posting this from a post I made in the Still no MSP Head thread:

Pallozzi was one of the 4 existing Lt. Colonels directly under Marcus Brown. So he goes from bottom right on the chart (attached link) to top center directly under Hogan. He has been with MSP since the late 80's. I think he probably knows his way around pretty well.

http://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual.../pdf/23dsp.pdf

By the way, as the Lt. Colonel in charge of the Support Services Bureau he has been the supervisor over the Technology & Information Management Command - which includes the Licensing Division! There can be little doubt he knows the issues. Now we will see what he is prepared to do exercising the authority and discretion afforded to him by statute as the new Superintendent.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    ok... I'll go first. Now that we have an MSP head, where's my unlimited lifetime free CCW/Hunting license? /sarc

seriously... 1 day after the legislative session ends seems fanciful to me. Seems to me a lot depends on how the legislative session goes to begin with. Washing the stench of O'Malley off the state is a multi-year project.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Post session would be the best time. Actually, 1 day after sin die. The GA doesn't meet until the next year, and only the Govenor can call a special session.

Good logic and strategy.

If I were Pallozzi, I'd establish the G&A is satisfied by a fundamental right of self defense; then let the permits flow, blocking only the most unqualified and obviously all prohibited persons. I for one like the thorough job the MDSP has done in the past, I simply felt they were denying way too many good people that just wanted a permit to carry.

I have a "Good & Substantial" issue with this nomination...

Pallozzi rhymes with Nancy Pelosi (GRIN)...

:thumbsup:

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Pallozzi was one of William Donald Schaefer's 15 security force troppers when he was Governor in the Mid 90s.

I believe he resides in Ellicott City, Howard County.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013

If one wanted to be ready for such an event what would he need to do? I saw in another thread that there is a 16 hour training requirement. There is likely also a long and involved application process. I'm thinking that it might be good to get certain requirements tackled in advance so that if a change in procedures takes place one could move expeditiously to take advantage of what might be a relatively narrow window.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    If one wanted to be ready for such an event what would he need to do? I saw in another thread that there is a 16 hour training requirement. There is likely also a long and involved application process. I'm thinking that it might be good to get certain requirements tackled in advance so that if a change in procedures takes place one could move expeditiously to take advantage of what might be a relatively narrow window.

THIS

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom