• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    At what distance do you all typically zero your 9mm carbines for? 25yds? I am new to PCCs, and I plan to put a red dot on my newly acquired 995, on my soon to be Scorpion. I see on some forums guys shooting at 100yds, stretching them out, but no mention of what distance they are sighted in at. Thanks

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I would zero it first at 15-25 yards so you know how it's grouping and accuracy potential. Then, if you have the range to do so, start shooting up to 100 yards. It's difficult to zero at 100 yards if you don't know where it's grouping first. When I took submachine gun instructor class, we were able to use the sub gun as a field expedient "sniper" weapon within 100 yards...and sub guns have shorter barrels than pistol caliber carbines. It won't be a real substitute for a proper rifle but if you do your job it can be done within reasonable limits.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I have mine zereod at 50 yards. Its a good mid point for close range shooting and out to 100 yards.

With a little hold over you can hit steel consistently at 200 yards too

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    My match loads are 124gr plated@1100FPS from my 16" PCC topped with an Eotech, use it in a couple types of competitions. I sight in at 25 yards, being most targets are 15-35 yards, it's within an inch or two + or - within that distance, and out to around 80 yards, really close targets are just basically point shot, over that distance don't really have to holdover till 100 yards, even then it's only hitting about 4" low, being most matches are limited to 100 yards for PCC. I have played around with it further, 150 is around 12" 200 is around 20" low, still plenty capable of hitting 4" steel plates out that far. I have sighted in closer for steel challenge, and tried out further for York's PCC match with relatively small targets out to 100, but no real benefit in either case, and it's convenient to just sight in at the 25yd berm anyway.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have my red dot Scorpion sighted at 100. Able to consistently hit a 6" plate.
    Notably, a good 25yd zero is capable of the same thing, especially with a hold at the top of the plate. 9mm is flat-ish out to 100, and then starts dropping like a rock.

For me, it's a 10yd zero for 9mm optics pistols, 25yd for 9mm PCCs.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I zero my MP5 at 50yd and it's pretty much also dead on at 25yd. It's about a foot low at 100yd. I shoot 147gr at 1000 FPS and have an Aimpoint above the irons.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I zero my MP5 at 50yd and it's pretty much also dead on at 25yd. It's about a foot low at 100yd. I shoot 147gr at 1000 FPS and have an Aimpoint above the irons.

This is about the same as my AR9 with 5" barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom