• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3/2ACR Vet

Jul 6, 2012
    Baltimore City
    Consumer Product Notification

July 31, 2013

To: Remington Ammunition Distributor

Re: REMINGTON RIMFIRE: 22 THUNDERBOLT® TB-22A 22 LONG RIFLE CONSUMER PRODUCT NOTIFICATION

Today Remington provided the attached public notice to its consumers, dealers and distributors concerning its Remington 22 Thunderbolt® ammunition with the following Lot Nos.:

LOT NUMBERS: S22BB1237 and S22BC1237

No other ammunition or Lot Numbers are affected.

REMINGTON REQUESTS THAT YOU TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS:

(i) Please forward the attached Consumer Product Notification to all of your customers that purchased the identified Lots of Remington 22 Thunderbolt® ammunition;
    (ii) Request that these customers post the attached Consumer Product Safety Notification in a prominent place in their stores; and
    (ii) If you or your customers have any of the recalled Lots of Remington 22 Thunderbolt® ammunition in your warehouses, storage areas or stores, please remove this inventory immediately and contact Remington to arrange for the return of this ammunition and a refund, at no cost to you or your customers.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. ANY QUESTIONS: please contact the Remington Customer Service Department at 1-888-736-4867.

Remington has determined that two specific lot codes of Remington 22 Thunderbolt® ammunition may contain rounds with an insufficient crimp on the bullet. This issue is specific only to lot numbers: S22BB1237 and S22BC1237. Handling or loading this 22 Thunderbolt® ammunition could result in the separation of the bullet from the shell casing. In certain situations, this occurrence could render the firearm inoperable.

3/2ACR Vet

Jul 6, 2012
    Baltimore City
    I just found that along with another PSA from Remington about 17hmr semi autos and thought I'd post it.

Figure if you have the lots, take em back to the store

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.
    contact Remington to arrange for the return of this ammunition and a refund, at no cost to you or your customers.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. ANY QUESTIONS: please contact the Remington Customer Service Department at 1-888-736-4867.

that kinda sucks. Not an exchange? :sad20:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I can't find the lot number on my 50 round boxes.

Open the flap that's green and yellow. There should be an inkless stamp on the inside of the flap. Easier seen if held up to a light. Might need to rub over it with a pencil to see better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom