PP Aerial Banner Towed Over Statehouse Today!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I know that is sort of off topic, but thought I'd throw it out there. Sort of a "don't be a flaming A-hole and use some common sense" (IE don't fly a drone 20 feet over your neighbor's head, but if you are flying a Cessna at 800ft, the property owner can kiss off).

As a guy with his FAA commercial UAV paperwork, I'm very tuned in to this topic. There are a lot of considerations and interpretations that are pretty hand-wavy. But "don't be a jerk" pretty much covers 99% of it. On the other hand, keeping (in my case, a smallish photography/videography drone) over public land (say, along a street) while not being directly over an adjoining house's property isn't enough to prevent many homeowners from getting unhinged. One spends a lot of time educating people. Helps if things start out warm and fuzzy from the get-go. So far, a good track record for me. But then, I've never flown over the MD state house at 400' :-)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Another MOM with her skivvies in a twist.

fbf69dcd903405c4bb305bb08955493e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    You mean those red shirts used to soak up all those snowflake tears? You mean those shirts?
    Always wondered why they adopted the MAGA color scheme. One could probably wear a shirt with MAGA spelled out and go unnoticed in their ranks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Don't know if this is true , heard from a third party . They are going to sneak the long gun bill in , i don't know the language of said bill or if anyone has a handle on it or even if it is true .

They aren't "sneaking" it through. It is being covered in another thread and Pennak and Doherty are there watching it. I have seen the language on the house and Senate side and it is essentially UBC for all sales, with no restrictions for loaning a gun to a buddy, cousin, or whoever else to go shooting, hunting, defined the home, etc. Just sales.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The Patriot Picket's Boomstick Bomber has made TTAG.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...p-buzzes-maryland-capitol-we-will-not-comply/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Great pic (supplied by a Boomstick) at TTAG.

Separately, noticed that the US flag isn't at half mast over the capital building. Maybe it isn't lowered to half mast on this building in most circumstances, or they don't do it in general when political leaders pass in Annapolis.

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    Who has ATC in that area??

Depends on what you are asking.

Potomac approach 'owns' that airspace as it is inside the DC Special Flight Rules Area. Entering or exiting the circle centered on the DCA airport between I-95 (North end) and Chesapeake Beach (South end) is called the "Paleo gate" and the arc by Annapolis cuts about halfway between the Academy Yard and Kent Island. Minimum 1,000' over the highest obstacle due to congested/populated area and you normally have to stay below 3,500' to keep out of the way of mostly commercial traffic.
    skyvector (dot) com if you want to look at the charts.

If you are asking if anybody was listening to ATC comms, they can be found at liveatc(dot) net. Type "BWI" in the airport box and scroll down to GRACO/PALEO...if you really, really want to.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville

Separately, noticed that the US flag isn't at half mast over the capital building. Maybe it isn't lowered to half mast on this building in most circumstances, or they don't do it in general when political leaders pass in Annapolis.

Good eye!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Always wondered why they adopted the MAGA color scheme. One could probably wear a shirt with MAGA spelled out and go unnoticed in their ranks.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg. Their organization was founded in 2013. I believe MADD uses the same color in a lot of its ads and it's shirts.

So, is the color scheme between MAGA, MADD, and MOMS a mere coincidence or is it something more? Who copied who?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Which came first, the chicken or the egg. Their organization was founded in 2013. I believe MADD uses the same color in a lot of its ads and it's shirts.

So, is the color scheme between MAGA, MADD, and MOMS a mere coincidence or is it something more? Who copied who?
    It was a point re irony, but if you're counting chickens, when did the GOP go red? Sometime close to the Reagan era iirc, and certainly before MDA existed. The Republicans used to be blue before then and Democrats were associated with red. Most MAGA hats that I've seen appear to be (Republican) red, but maybe there are blue ones too.

As per MADD, not sure if they had definitive color scheme back then (or would consider having more allies on the right or left side, in contrast to MDA that appears to align itself more with one side, much as the NRA does with the other side).

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

Technically, the Governor can only order the flags of the State (including the subordinate political jurisdictions) to be lowered. The President controls the staff height of the National colors.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Technically, the Governor can only order the flags of the State (including the subordinate political jurisdictions) to be lowered. The President controls the staff height of the National colors.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Got it, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom