• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I keep seeing youtube videos and other advertisements for bigdaddyunlimited.com. It's hard to tell what they have on the site and what their prices are because you have to join to see. Does anyone have experience with this place?

I'm interested in picking up a few new guns and am curious if I can 1) trust the site 2) save some money 3) find a local gun shop who will work with them for the transfer.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Anything I have to join gets no support from me. All the "buyer's club" deals just try to lock you into using them instead of hunting around for the better deal.

I can get good prices just by googling the part number. There's at least half-a-dozen reputable places, and they don't have any sort of membership requirement. Start with gun.deals. Sometimes you can find an inventory closeout sort of deal that's really good. At least you'll know the going price.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Support your LGS

My local guy seems to like doing transfers. They're not free, and they do get people in the store and browsing. Transfers don't cost him much, since he doesn't have to find the gun or carry it on his credit card. Not every shop likes doing transfers - you can tell by their rates.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    My local guy seems to like doing transfers. They're not free, and they do get people in the store and browsing. Transfers don't cost him much, since he doesn't have to find the gun or carry it on his credit card. Not every shop likes doing transfers - you can tell by their rates.

Who's your guy?
    _________

Also, I'm perplexed about their business model too. The idea of having to pay a fee just to look at their selection is a little offputting that Colion Noir would link his name to it.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Plus it’s a dumb name. Turns me off to start. With the money I’ve spent in the last couple of years, I much prefer personally knowing who’s mortgage I’m paying.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Plus it’s a dumb name. Turns me off to start. With the money I’ve spent in the last couple of years, I much prefer personally knowing who’s mortgage I’m paying.

Yep. I’ve never bought a firearm online. Duffy’s and The Gun Shop have always treated me right.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Yep. I’ve never bought a firearm online. Duffy’s and The Gun Shop have always treated me right.

Bought a bunch of cans from Duffy’s and they stored my guns for me during divorce proceedings. Great guys. Can’t say enough good things about them.

Haven’t tried The Gun Shop though. BPP is getting all my money lately but I need to start building them myself as you’ve told me.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I agree that it is a dumb name, and totally agree with supporting local shops. My problem is with getting hard(ish) to find stuff. The LGSs come pretty close on prices for things like popular glocks, CZs, and S&W. But, throw in something a little different and they can often times not get them or charge significantly more than online shops. Also, some brands (Savage, Bernelli, etc) play hard ball and really don’t work with small businesses.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I agree that it is a dumb name, and totally agree with supporting local shops. My problem is with getting hard(ish) to find stuff. The LGSs come pretty close on prices for things like popular glocks, CZs, and S&W. But, throw in something a little different and they can often times not get them or charge significantly more than online shops. Also, some brands (Savage, Bernelli, etc) play hard ball and really don’t work with small businesses.

A1Uniform is a stocking Benelli dealer and not really all that far from Howard. Yes a hike but not like driving to the eastern shore

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom