• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwags123

Jun 23, 2010
    Parsonsburg
    I don't have great eyesight, but I cannot tell anything from that video.

If/when I get pulled over, both my hand go out the window so the cop can see them.

I think he is talking about the body camera footage. That’s what I saw but it still made me sick to my stomach to think that could have happen to me or anyone that has a ccwband his kids and wife were In the car also. My point is from the body cam footage and I’ve never been in this situation there should have not been any shots fired in my opinion.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I would argue that the data is a bit misleading. The FBI compiles data on LEO deaths. https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/ucr/publications#LEOKA The 2018 numbers have not been released yet, but the 2017 data and the preceding 10 years show that on average more die officers from accidents than are feloniously killed although specific years do see the opposite.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/leoka/2017/tables/table-1.xls show feloniously killed numbers.
    https://ucr.fbi.gov/leoka/2017/tables/table-48.xls show accidentily killed numbers.

Total 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017
    Number of feloniously killed officers 496 41 48 55 72 49 27 51 41 66 46
    Total 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017
    Number of accidentily killed officers 527 68 48 72 53 48 49 45 45 52 47

The accident number includes those killed while response driving. If you look through something like 'officer down memorial' the number of cops killed by being run over during traffic stops is fairly small.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I do: car in park, dome light on, hands on steering wheel. I never get my license, registration and proof of insurance until requested. I figure the cop would rather wait the extra minute vs. wondering what the hell I'm doing as he/she approaches the vehicle.
    ???

I meant I cannot tell what happened from the video I saw.

As for hands in wheel, I always think hands out window is best, but I've never pinned on a badge (let alone strapped on a gun).

I think he is talking about the body camera footage. That’s what I saw but it still made me sick to my stomach to think that could have happen to me or anyone that has a ccwband his kids and wife were In the car also. My point is from the body cam footage and I’ve never been in this situation there should have not been any shots fired in my opinion.
    Makes sense now.

I would still keep my hands out the window, and move only in slow-mo, when told to move, but I'm a fat, ugly, white guy, and rarely get pulled over.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I keep meaning to reply to this.

I agree with this. I respect the NRA's position that proper investigations need to be done, but I also think they need to step up at times when the investigations show evidence of misconduct.

One of my friends sent me the story of the Chicago security guard who stopped an active shooter in a bar, held the shooter at gunpoint until the police arrived, several patrons were telling the police he was security, and they walked in and shot him dead. What's the point of being a good guy with a gun if you are just going to get shot by the police? And that's something that could apply to anyone. Imagine stopping an active shooter only to be shot by the police?

Now I do agree that sometimes the movements hang their laurels on the worst examples, but there is a really valid point that if minorities cannot enjoy the 2A for fear of being shot, it becomes a white guy only thing and thus they won't support it.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Greaseman

???

I meant I cannot tell what happened from the video I saw.

As for hands in wheel, I always think hands out window is best, but I've never pinned on a badge (let alone strapped on a gun).

Makes sense now.

I would still keep my hands out the window, and move only in slow-mo, when told to move, but I'm a fat, ugly, white guy, and rarely get pulled over.

Nino Greaseminelli approves..

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Good luck. I agree, and I do the same. I try to really bring the fact that unjustified homicide knows no race. And that black/red/yellow/white/brown people have an equal right to self defense.

But...

When a white bad guy with a gun gets shot, everyone focuses on the white guy and the gun.

When a black (or other minority) guy (good or bad) gets shot, the focus is instantly on the POLICE, or in some cases, gangs

It's like racism by coersion. Because that sells. White people will click on it because they want to reinforce their already maligned views of minorities, black people will click on it because another one of their own has fallen victim to the man, gun owners will click on it to see how wrong the media got the description of the gun used, and antis will click on it because it reinforces either belief that all guns are bad or their guilt, or both.

And each click is another coin in the piggy bank of the media. There is so much money involved with the capitalization of people's attention that it is stunning. And much like any performer, they sell what ever people will buy. ALL of them (yes, sorry, just because Fox news sells a product that many members here agree with, doesn't mean their motives are any more pure)

I know that those are incredibly cynical, and very generalized.....but also pretty accurate

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Yea I was thinking this could happen. Especially if they think you are mocking or making fun of black lives matter

Especially in the view of the Perpetually Outraged Snowflakes in certain counties. Did anyone else pick up on how quickly the MOCO pitbull jumped at the innocent jibe at Irish drinking habits in the Senate last week?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Did you ever think that the inner city communities aren't so much deep blue, because they vote for them, as they vote for them because there are no other options? When was the last time you talked to anyone from inner city Baltimore and asked them their views of their elected officials? I can tell you, most of them have absolutely no trust in their elected officials, but they have no other options come election day.

Agreed! Single-party state means running unopposed. And it's not limited to the "ghetto" communities.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Won’t ever happen. Most folks in the city, like this state, are so set in their ways/ that they only know what the Democratic Party tells them to know, everyone else is the bad guy.

That combined with so much of the city having a dependency on the Democratic Party, = solod Democrat party voting lines.

The democrats know this, and expect nothing to change.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I saw a post on FB about a police shooting in NC and I found an article about the video, and this might be one of the cases Dblas is refering to. I can see the point here, they told him to drop the gun, which means he's going to have to move with the gun, and then they shot him for doing what they told him to do. Seems like they put him in a no-win situation.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article229227114.html

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I saw a post on FB about a police shooting in NC and I found an article about the video, and this might be one of the cases Dblas is refering to. I can see the point here, they told him to drop the gun, which means he's going to have to move with the gun, and then they shot him for doing what they told him to do. Seems like they put him in a no-win situation.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article229227114.html

That is indeed the video of the stop I mentioned at the beginning of this thread. The police told him to put it down, and he was complying when they shot him. At no point did he point the firearm at any officer.

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    Won’t ever happen. Most folks in the city, like this state, are so set in their ways/ that they only know what the Democratic Party tells them to know, everyone else is the bad guy.

That combined with so much of the city having a dependency on the Democratic Party, = solod Democrat party voting lines.

The democrats know this, and expect nothing to change.

Precisely this. In-group preferences trump political ideology or even the socioeconomic fallout that those ideologies and policies lead to. The black voting block that's responsible for Baltimore, PG, and indeed, a great deal of MD politics as we know it today, has come to see the Democratic party as "their" people, and representative of "their" interests, and no amount of well-intentioned political outreach will ever convince most of them otherwise.

It's like what Lee Kuan Yew, the man who turned Singapore around from a sleepy, seedy British overseas territory to the economic juggernaut, the Southeast Asian Switzerland that it is today, said about democracy in a heterogeneous society; eventually all room for political subtlety and nuance is eliminated as voter blocs inevitably circle their political wagons around the perceived needs of their respective ethnicities and the political parties that pander to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom