• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    65 not me not yet Now they’ve done it.

Sneaky Democrats and a handful of turncoat RINOs slipped new under-the-radar gun control into the back of the new 2,149-page omnibus bill to fund the government.

As usual, no one had time to read the whole thing before it was jammed through at the last minute. Now we know what’s in the bill:

4.2 MILLION older Americans were just banned from legally purchasing firearms.

Anyone who receives social security - e.g. those 65 and older - and deemed by the government to be “financially incompetent” can now be STOPPED from buying any firearm.

, is this fake news

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Under Obama, there was a move to add people who weren't able to be fully in charge of their own finances to the roster of those who would be considered mentally unfit to procure a gun. Trump undid that (of course the media said, "Trump wants mental health patients to all have guns!" etc, but we're used to that kind of BS by now).

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Under Obama, there was a move to add people who weren't able to be fully in charge of their own finances to the roster of those who would be considered mentally unfit to procure a gun. Trump undid that (of course the media said, "Trump wants mental health patients to all have guns!" etc, but we're used to that kind of BS by now).

This

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Yeah, there's no reason for old people who may have physical problems that prevent them from defending themselves to be armed. I mean psychopaths are know to be kind to the elderly and infirm, right? After all, under Kenyan care your life is worth less as you get older anyway.

I hope if the Evil Party and Stupid Party turncoats tried this they get remembered for it by the same folks they tried to screw.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I think its old news being used to sell a current book

I think you're right. VA tried this exact thing a couple of years back and got soundly smacked down for it.

Unless you're one small step form being a vegetable mentally (and unable to make it to your LGS under your own steam) you can legally buy a gun. However, if you ask your invisible friend Harvey for advice on filling out the 4473, well, maybe not.

Of course, Liberals excluded...

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    Well, I''m a bit passed 65, retired, and I get Social Security. When I got that Ruger Security-Six a couple weeks ago, there were no questions about finances or financial competency. So, unless somebody would rat me out, I don't know how Big Brother would know (unless maybe they look at my income tax returns). I suspect it's just Brady-Bunch wishful thinking (fake news).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom