• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m32

Mar 5, 2013
    N. Balto County
    Yeah, I have SAD (Shotgun Addiction Disease). I have CAD (Chainsaw Addiction Disease) and BAD (Bicycle Addiction Disease) too. Think I am getting a case of RAD (Rifle Addiction Disease) too.

SAD
    CAD
    BAD
    RAD

I have some SAD CAD and BAD RAD.

:) I have SAD, BAD and a different CAD (Camera Addiction Disease). Kids and coming college tuition have put most of these in remission.

FWIW and to add to the OP's query, I have a new A300 Outlander and am very happy with it. Much softer shooter than my old Mossberg 500 and no issues to date. Used to leave after couple of rounds of skeet/trap with a sore shoulder--no more. Of course, soft shooting=more rounds=more $$. No free lunch :)

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    :) I have SAD, BAD and a different CAD (Camera Addiction Disease). Kids and coming college tuition have put most of these in remission.

FWIW and to add to the OP's query, I have a new A300 Outlander and am very happy with it. Much softer shooter than my old Mossberg 500 and no issues to date. Used to leave after couple of rounds of skeet/trap with a sore shoulder--no more. Of course, soft shooting=more rounds=more $$. No free lunch :)

Yeah, I have some Canon L lenses on my want list. Forgot about that disease too. Too many hobbies, not enough time or money.

soft shooting=more rounds=more $$=more enjoyment

Thing is, I have several Beretta 391's, a 3901, and a Benelli SBE. I never really notice any difference in the recoil between the guns. Then again, my Teknys has a mercury recoil reducer in the stock and my SBE has a mercury recoil reducer in the stock. lol My o/u's kick like mules as far as I am concerned, yet I can still shoot 250 target shells through them in a day and I HATE recoil.

m32

Mar 5, 2013
    N. Balto County
    Yeah, I have some Canon L lenses on my want list. Forgot about that disease too. Too many hobbies, not enough time or money.

soft shooting=more rounds=more $$=more enjoyment

Thing is, I have several Beretta 391's, a 3901, and a Benelli SBE. I never really notice any difference in the recoil between the guns. Then again, my Teknys has a mercury recoil reducer in the stock and my SBE has a mercury recoil reducer in the stock. lol My o/u's kick like mules as far as I am concerned, yet I can still shoot 250 target shells through them in a day and I HATE recoil.

BAD--even worse with mtn and road bikes, its the same condition x2.
    By the time I have enough time and money for all the hobbies and stuff, I'll be too old to enjoy them.

Going from a pump to a semi has been a big difference in recoil, not during the actual trigger pull but later. I certainly could tolerate the Mossberg pump but it became fatiguing after 50-75 shells. Where the Beretta shines is the lack of cumulative wear on my shoulder. Now I feel like I finished warming-up after 75 shells.

ar1131

Jan 31, 2013
    I have it narrowed down between the 1187 and the A300. I have to shoulder both before I decide but I like the lighter weight of the A300. Thanks for the input. If anyone has shot both the 1187 (a newer manufacture) and an A300 and can give me any insight that would be great. I figure I'll be into either one for about $1400 with two barrels and glass on the rifled barrel. Thanks for the help.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm happy with mine too, but there's no way op will get a new one with one barrel for $1000.00 or less. :sad20:
    He should look at a Beretta A300.
    Got my Maxus in the fall for $1,199 shipped. One of the best guns for the money when you're looking at a waterfowl gun.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I have it narrowed down between the 1187 and the A300. I have to shoulder both before I decide but I like the lighter weight of the A300. Thanks for the input. If anyone has shot both the 1187 (a newer manufacture) and an A300 and can give me any insight that would be great. I figure I'll be into either one for about $1400 with two barrels and glass on the rifled barrel. Thanks for the help.

Here is a used 1187 with an extra rifled barrel on FB for $700.00

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mdhunters/?fref=nf

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Look at the benelli M2. You dont need a SBE. Any thoughts on a pump. For what you are hunting a pump would be fine.

+1 for a Benelli M2.
    Mine is easy to shoot and very clean. After popping off a few rounds you'd be hard pressed to find any dirt in the action or anywhere else come to that. So far it's cycled everything I've fed it.

Twanger

DINO and NRA Life
    Mar 4, 2013
    Poolesville
    I'm pondering this exact dilemma.
    Looking hard at the Stoeger m3500 and Benelli SBE II.

The Stoeger uses the Benelli inertial semi-auto system. (I'm told).

The Stoeger is half the price.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    For a reason.

If you are trying to go cheap look at the Franchi.

I agree with PJ on this one.

Thing s, Benelli, Stoeger, and Franchi are all owned by Beretta, so a price difference is for a reason. Now, if you want to look at the higher end guns, look at the Benelli Super Vinci in lieu of the SBEII. Both will most likely last you a lifetime. My SBE is on its 17th season and still going strong. However, the Vinci is so much easier to clean with it not having a recoil buffer tube. Granted, in 17 seasons I have only had to replace the recoil spring once and clean out the recoil buffer tube and recoil spring twice on my SBE. If I replace my SBE, it will be with the Super Vinci.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Have you tried the used racks? It seems like you might find a real gem around this time of year, or even right after tax payment time? ;)

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    being a Beretta fan when it come to semi's the A300 is a great deal. also take a look at the Franchi Affinty. both at Dick's go for right around $699 range.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Not to hijack this thread (OP specified under 1K), but has anybody here shoot the newer A-5s. I like the humpback receivers and the write-ups look good. Price seems a bit much, though. Wonder how it stacks up to the Maxus? I am aware of the difference in actions, but wonder how they compare to one another when shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom