• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Looking for a 9mm bore lock St. Mary's/Calvert Co. in the next couple of weeks for a pickup. I can return immediately upon receipt of firearm from my FFL. Or, I can list on MDS in lock exchange for Karma. PM if you can help out.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    I am in bel air and need a 45 bore lock for a pickup sometime after the 25th of August, any help would be appreciated!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    I did look frank, there is nobody on the list with a 45 bore lock in my area to meet so I figured I would put it in the thread.

SS396

Forum LEO whipping post
    Aug 19, 2013
    Frederick County
    Looking for a .45 Colt bore lock for a Ruger Vaquero. Will need it in about two weeks and can return same day. Frederick area. Thank you.

pk64f100

Cold Dead hands
    Aug 24, 2013
    Carroll Co Md
    HELP need 22 LR Bore Lock will buy, borrow andything!!

I need help from anyone who can steer me in the right direction, I live in Mt airy Md and work in DC/ PG this next month at Bolling AFB for the navy. I purchased a 22 lr/mag revolver and it did not come with a BORE LOCK and I can not find one anywhere, please help!

thank you

pk64f100

Cold Dead hands
    Aug 24, 2013
    Carroll Co Md
    anyone have a 22lr revolver bore lock for a 5" barrel?

I have a 380 from a LCP I would gladly give to anyone who needs one to use, I need a 22 lr for some reason the FFL dealer will not accept the one I have for my 380 it does the same job I would think

:thumbsup:

I think the law requires that the lock go into the chamber like the Omega locks (basically the only lock that's approved). Not totally sure on that though. I have still been made to buy a lock, even when the gun I bought came with the cable-type or trigger guard locks.

Honestly, I don't feel like getting into an argument with someone because I mentioned their favorite gun shop and all they're doing is "covering their asses" so it's ok. I personally know where I will and won't shop anymore and that's about the best I can do. If you're not sure about the shop you're doing the transfer at, call and ask if it's ok to supply your own MD-approved lock. :thumbsup:

pk64f100

Cold Dead hands
    Aug 24, 2013
    Carroll Co Md
    Thanks for the help

TY for the help but neither of these guys have returned my request. I did get a request for my 380 which I am gladly going to lend to another bro, sure hope someone steps up to help me ASAP. This entire locks thing stinks!

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    I'm waiting on a new Ruger 1911 in.45 ACP. The Ruger I bought last month (a revolver) came in a plastic case with a hefty padlock and steel plate to lock it up. That dealer didn't even mention anything about a bore lock. The 1911 I'll be picking up is from a different dealer. Will the lock and case that comes with it be sufficient or will I need to buy a bore lock? I'd rather not be put in the position of having to buy one at the dealer. When I get home it goes in a safe so buying a bore lock seems to be a waste.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Will be picKing up a .45acp 1911 next week. Live just south of AnnapolIs and work in Prince Frederick. TrIed to contract someone in y the spreadsheet but no answers

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    I am in bel air and need a 45 bore lock for a pickup sometime after the 25th of August, any help would be appreciated!!!

I loaned mine to scrovak, contact him and let him know you need to borrow it and then I'll get it back from you, he's had it for about a year now.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I loaned mine to scrovak, contact him and let him know you need to borrow it and then I'll get it back from you, he's had it for about a year now.

Jackson923, Has Tman68 contacted you yet about the .45 borelock? I work 10 miles south of Prince Fredrick and will be needing one the week of Sept, 2nd. I can arrange to meet either one of you so we can both make our pickups, heck if it's thru Chuck in P.F. we may be able to both use it on the same day - lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom