Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2018, 08:57 PM #11
RoadDawg's Avatar
RoadDawg RoadDawg is offline
Nos nostraque Deo
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 56,419
RoadDawg RoadDawg is offline
Nos nostraque Deo
RoadDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 56,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by basscat View Post
I guess some are just tired with exemptions for LEO 's with the gun laws. Makes it look like they are a class above us.
And others are just as tired of the fact that they can not purchase a rifle that was legal for you to purchase before 10/01/2013.

If one had made that purchase before that date... does it help in any way that others now hate them for it? Does it make them a different class?

The "class" argument is BS. All it does is divide folks up with animosity and get nothing good accomplished.
__________________

"cogito 2A, ergo, armatum sum!"
"omnis canis plures habet die sua. habeo noctibus"

"SOCIALISM is a VIRUS that is spread LIBERALLY"[ME]
"There are none so bound by chains... as those who refuse to drop them and move on!" [ME]

__________________________________________________ ____________
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER BLUE KNIGHT FOP SWORN TO PROTECT THE COTUS MD DESIGNATED COLLECTOR AMA LIFE MEMBER MSI
I dont sugar coat sh1t... I aint Willy Wonka.
RoadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2018, 08:59 PM #12
RoadDawg's Avatar
RoadDawg RoadDawg is offline
Nos nostraque Deo
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 56,419
RoadDawg RoadDawg is offline
Nos nostraque Deo
RoadDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 56,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularJay View Post
Leftist language was intended to be a semi-humorous example of the language said lawyer would likely be using in front of a jury explaining how a deranged, "hell-bent on killing" LEO used a super-duper assault weapon "so deadly it was banned" to brutally murder some misunderstood perpetrator. Because that is exactly what would happen if a non-issue weapon was used in an on duty shooting. Not saying it's right or wrong - just saying that's what would happen.

I have to assume your attempt to equate an espantoon, handcuffs or shoes with a non-issue "assault rifle" was also an attempt at humor.

It looks as if neither one of us is funny.
No... No humor was intended in my post at all. I was comparing private owned equipment used on the job by On Duty LEOs... in answer to a distinction which you made in your post.

Using terms like "brutally murdered" when talking about such a sad event... does not help your cause either. Sorry.
__________________

"cogito 2A, ergo, armatum sum!"
"omnis canis plures habet die sua. habeo noctibus"

"SOCIALISM is a VIRUS that is spread LIBERALLY"[ME]
"There are none so bound by chains... as those who refuse to drop them and move on!" [ME]

__________________________________________________ ____________
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER BLUE KNIGHT FOP SWORN TO PROTECT THE COTUS MD DESIGNATED COLLECTOR AMA LIFE MEMBER MSI
I dont sugar coat sh1t... I aint Willy Wonka.
RoadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2018, 09:00 PM #13
welder516's Avatar
welder516 welder516 is offline
Residude in Chief
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,786
welder516 welder516 is offline
Residude in Chief
welder516's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,786
Always been a class system in life , way before this . We get Hoes & Shovels , others get banned gear .
__________________
NRA life member
welder516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2018, 09:25 PM #14
1time 1time is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Baltimore, Md
Posts: 1,160
1time 1time is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Baltimore, Md
Posts: 1,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularJay View Post
Leftist language was intended to be a semi-humorous example of the language said lawyer would likely be using in front of a jury explaining how a deranged, "hell-bent on killing" LEO used a super-duper assault weapon "so deadly it was banned" to brutally murder some misunderstood perpetrator. Because that is exactly what would happen if a non-issue weapon was used in an on duty shooting. Not saying it's right or wrong - just saying that's what would happen.

I have to assume your attempt to equate an espantoon, handcuffs or shoes with a non-issue "assault rifle" was also an attempt at humor.

It looks as if neither one of us is funny.


Plenty of places allow LEO to carry private firearms, including rifles. I carry a personally owned LWRC while working. I could carry a dept rifle but they have to stay at work limiting our ability to practice with them.

My agency will not sign off for banned configuration rifles. I imagine many would sign off on anything they allow their people to carry. I dont know if any agency in MD that allows anything other than an AR.

For privately owned NFA items, it would have to go through the same paperwork everyone else goes through. Even dept guns are subject to NFA regulations it just doesnt take as long for the ATF to approve it, kind of like a dealer to dealer transfer.
1time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2018, 11:16 PM #15
ironpony's Avatar
ironpony ironpony is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Crofton/Davidsonville
Posts: 4,132
ironpony ironpony is offline
Senior Member
ironpony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Crofton/Davidsonville
Posts: 4,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDawg View Post
No... Because just like those of us who purchased them before the FSA2013... The rifle was purchased when the law allowed. The LEO should not have to turn it in and we should not have to turn in our pre-FSA2013 milpro rifles either. Both were purchased when the law allowed.

The FSA2013 law should not be there at all... But, it is until we can get it changed. So I am not going to turn in my rifles to placate someone who did not buy one before 10/01/13.


Then Im glad you still have your 2A rights. I will settle for being a lesser citizen.
ironpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 12:10 AM #16
Not_an_outlaw Not_an_outlaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mechanicsville, MD
Posts: 3,341
Not_an_outlaw Not_an_outlaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mechanicsville, MD
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDawg View Post
What about getting hit with a privately owned espantoon, or getting handcuffed with privately owned handcuffs, while the LEO is wearing privately owned uniform shoes.

And...Please... Stop using the leftist language.
I see your point, but I can buy those things without state approval.
Not_an_outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 04:18 AM #17
RoadDawg's Avatar
RoadDawg RoadDawg is offline
Nos nostraque Deo
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 56,419
RoadDawg RoadDawg is offline
Nos nostraque Deo
RoadDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 56,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Then Im glad you still have your 2A rights. I will settle for being a lesser citizen.
Did you purchase a milpro AR prior to FSA2013?

If you did... by your own logic... youre a better person than anyone else who lives in Maryland and did not... yet wants to own one.

If you really believe yourself to be a lesser citizen... I cant/wont tell you how/what to believe. But, I find the notion completely false.

I live in Maryland... I have restrictions on what I may or may not buy. There are folks living less than thirty miles from me... they can buy those things... and open carry them. Are they better than I? Am I a lesser citizen? Should I hope they lose their rights because I cant do as they can? Should I get all sour grapes put out because of it... and act like they are somehow at fault in this when they buy/carry what they want?

Because Im not... seeing them do as they can do gives me the hope that there is still a way for me to share in their freedoms IF WE WORK TOGETHER AND DONT ALLOW THE SITUATION TO CAUSE A RIFT BETWEEN US.

I dont believe anyone is better or lesser because of lifes issues. If that were true... you could simply be better than others by moving where there are less restrictions. And THAT would not make you better nor lesser than what any of us are.
__________________

"cogito 2A, ergo, armatum sum!"
"omnis canis plures habet die sua. habeo noctibus"

"SOCIALISM is a VIRUS that is spread LIBERALLY"[ME]
"There are none so bound by chains... as those who refuse to drop them and move on!" [ME]

__________________________________________________ ____________
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER BLUE KNIGHT FOP SWORN TO PROTECT THE COTUS MD DESIGNATED COLLECTOR AMA LIFE MEMBER MSI
I dont sugar coat sh1t... I aint Willy Wonka.
RoadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 04:25 AM #18
RoadDawg's Avatar
RoadDawg RoadDawg is offline
Nos nostraque Deo
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 56,419
RoadDawg RoadDawg is offline
Nos nostraque Deo
RoadDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 56,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_an_outlaw View Post
I see your point, but I can buy those things without state approval.
Have you considered becoming a LEO?

I assure you... though there are some aspects of the job you may feel are attractive. There are a HOST more that you wont find appealing.

I do not appreciate the restrictions that the MGA has chosen for the citizens of Maryland. But, Im not inclined to be acting like its the fault of the folks who are not restricted as much. Police are an extremely small percentage of the Maryland population. The greater part of that population are the ones who voted into office... the very folks who made those restrictions into law. Focus your ire on THEM.
__________________

"cogito 2A, ergo, armatum sum!"
"omnis canis plures habet die sua. habeo noctibus"

"SOCIALISM is a VIRUS that is spread LIBERALLY"[ME]
"There are none so bound by chains... as those who refuse to drop them and move on!" [ME]

__________________________________________________ ____________
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER BLUE KNIGHT FOP SWORN TO PROTECT THE COTUS MD DESIGNATED COLLECTOR AMA LIFE MEMBER MSI
I dont sugar coat sh1t... I aint Willy Wonka.
RoadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 05:31 AM #19
swinokur's Avatar
swinokur swinokur is online now
In a State of Denial
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gulag Montgomery
Posts: 43,844
swinokur swinokur is online now
In a State of Denial
swinokur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gulag Montgomery
Posts: 43,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularJay View Post
I would imagine a police shooting victim lawyer would have a field day if someone was killed with a non-issue, military -grade privately owned assault weapon by an On duty cop.
No such firearm exists. There is no definition of Assault Weapon..

That's a gun grabber's term and a liberal talking point.
__________________
swinokur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 06:42 AM #20
Nathaniel Nathaniel is offline
Nathan
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Laurel, MD
Posts: 9
Nathaniel Nathaniel is offline
Nathan
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Laurel, MD
Posts: 9
What about magazines? Can retired Leo's buy, in state of Maryland. twenty or thirty rounds magazines. And is there a waiting period for retired Leo's to buy a hand gun
Nathaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2018, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service