• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I heard this on FOX news this morning and they had Jackson Dean on the show talking about his rendition and then he played.

Here is different link to the Capital Gazette story. Link

I’m not going to get into a big political debate about the song or it’s current impact on a significant part of the sports profession, enough been said.

If you have a soft spot in your heart, like me, for this incredible song then you’ll probably enjoy listening to this kids version.

https://youtu.be/ecdW0RY9nBM

Enjoy.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I admire his courage to do that in front of a big hometown audience, and also his musicianship... that boy is very talented. I applaud his effort. :thumbsup:

Probably not gonna make a lot of friends with this post, but I'm an old school traditionalist and feel that the National Anthem, played in public for a sports event, should be THE National Anthem, as written. I have performed it in bands, orchestras, and fife and drum corps many more times than I've ever listened to it in the audience. The trend towards interpretations, mostly by folks of pop culture fame, with all the enhancements and curlicues (as they're called in the 'hood), and other versions are best performed in an intimate setting, like a coffee shop. Just MHO.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    That kid has pipes and he doesn’t even need stage name.
    (I could never remember the lyrics without the melody)

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I admire his courage to do that in front of a big hometown audience, and also his musicianship... that boy is very talented. I applaud his effort.

Probably not gonna make a lot of friends with this post, but I'm an old school traditionalist and feel that the National Anthem, played in public for a sports event, should be THE National Anthem, as written. I have performed it in bands, orchestras, and fife and drum corps many more times than I've ever listened to it in the audience. The trend towards interpretations, mostly by folks of pop culture fame, with all the enhancements and curlicues (as they're called in the 'hood), and other versions are best performed in an intimate setting, like a coffee shop. Just MHO.

You've got a friend in me.......

I think the kid has a great voice, and think he will go far.......but, The National Anthem is the National Anthem and should not be subject to interpretation.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    You've got a friend in me.......

I think the kid has a great voice, and think he will go far.......but, The National Anthem is the National Anthem and should not be subject to interpretation.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

I am one who believes that the words need to remain the same as per the Frances Scott Key poem “The Defense if Fort McHenry”. But consider that the actual music we typically hear at ballgames was actually a song written in Great Britain, before the United States was a country. So like much of our great history, our national anthem has roots outside of our nation and to some degree has been adapted and interpreted quite a bit prior to it’s official designation as our Nations Anthem in 1931.

IMO Key was inspired by our efforts at the battle of Ft McHenery to defend our nation against the British. When I hear this kids version, or some choir version as well versions like Jimmy Hendrix guitar solo, played at Woodstock, I still experience the same inspiration and hope that our nation can survive ALL attacks against liberty.

Hopefully some of his peers will fall in love again with this great song, in spite of the efforts some who have designated it a song of oppression and racial hatred.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    This is my next door neighbor's nephew. He performs a good bit at the little place in Odenton. Neat venue. We went out to hear him play several months ago. I think his family started the place up just so he would have a place to play and practice. Their support of him is pretty impressive.
    Byob and hang out to listen to a mix of music. They have music school students perform as well.

https://www.1325music.com/contact

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom