• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    Does anyone here know of a reputable dealer/collector who could let a friend of mine know what they have. The firearm was in his family and he wants to learn more info.
    Thanks!

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Warren Litt, that used to worked with Lou at the gun shows seemed to know a lot about Lugers, I don't know if he is a member here and I don't have any contact info.
    At the Chantilly gun show there is a vender by the food concession that usually has a lot of Lugers that may be a good source of info and Indian River is a little closer to the right side wall is also a Luger dealer.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Go to Jan Still's forum over on Gunboards. He's the author of one the best Luger reference books ever published and you should find a stupid depth of Luger knowledge there. Good luck!

Jul 1, 2012
    To get the full story someone will need to take it apart and check all the numbers, proofs, etc.
    That's not terribly difficult but some things are delicate, esp the left grip - very easily broken.
    Good clear pics of all markings & numbering would be necessary for a "remote viewing", including the mags.
    Lots of them have been refinished, either by the Germans or other users, or later on in life.

Once he has all those pics & info gathered up, then posting to the gunboards or other forum will yield good info.
    A post like "I have a 1917 Luger, what is it and what's it worth" is very frustrating for the hive mind to process - but all too common an occurrence :)

I know a couple of folks that are pretty good with Lugers if your friend wants a hands-on exam, PM inbound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom