• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Wierd visitor experience from last weekend, copied from my post on ARf about it:
    Over the weekend (~10am on Sat) the GF and I were cleaning up a guest room in my house, which has an exterior wall against the walkway leading to my front door but no window on that wall. We heard voices for about two minutes trying to figure out where it came from, no knock on the door, dogs were not barking, TVs off, etc but the conversation continued. Finally we realized that two or more people must be standing at the front door and had been there for some unknown period of time without making a serious attempt to get our attention but the design of the house prohibited a view (I've never gotten around to installing the peephole I bought the week I moved in, 4 years ago...).

I decided to grab the 1911 from my night stand, put it within easy reach (but out of sight) and opened the door. The GF had grabbed one dog's collar and stood back about 6' while the other dog was locked in its kennel (she'd misbehaved earlier). It turned out to be two guys in suits from one of the local churches who moved along as soon as I said we werent interested and the non-kenneled dog started going I'm-gonna-eat-you bonkers (rescue dog, it doesnt like certain people for whatever reason), but the GF thought I was crazy/paranoid for grabbing the 45 before opening the door.

What do you think? Are two people talking outside your door without knocking wierd enough to warrant grabbing a gun?

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Wierd visitor experience from last weekend, copied from my post on ARf about it:

but the GF thought I was crazy/paranoid for grabbing the 45 before opening the door.

What do you think? Are two people talking outside your door without knocking wierd enough to warrant grabbing a gun?

Kharn...Why did you feel like you needed to grab you .45? If you felt like it was an unsafe situation then grabbing your gun is a good thing. You should listen to your instincts if thats what they are telling you. Perhaps answer the door from your upstairs window next time and yell down, "WTF you want YO!!" This creates more distances b/n you and the bad guy(s).

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I might be paranoid too, but if there is someone loitering on my property, they need to go. I have no idea if they're gangbangers or not, so my gun always comes to my door.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    fivepointstar:
    Mainly due to the design of my house, the main door is on a 4x4' landing, with stairs going up and down. So if SHTF I'm effectively stuck within arms reach of the person unless I made a very awkward retreat up or down the stairs. A security door is on the list of to-do items this spring.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Found another Security Sign

Attachments

• 2A Security.jpg
      2A Security.jpg
      16.7 KB · Views: 97

LordSigdious

Jan 10, 2009
    Hey guys,
    Been awhile since I have commented, so here goes. I am still out of work, did go to a job this past thursday for Capital meats. Never did this type of work before so I figured I would give it a try and F###ing hated it. It wasnt long before I saw that these jokers were nothing but a bunch of scam artists trying to trick people into buying overpriced meat with questionable quality. (ie. BUY SIX CASES GET THREE FREE, NOT A GOOD ENOUGH DEAL YOU SAY, LET ME GET MY BOSS ON THE PHONE... A MINUTE LATER, BOSS SAID GIVE YOU A DISCOUNT AND GIVE YOU FOUR CASES FOR FREE ALL FOR THE LOW PRICE OF $870 DOLLARS!) Well personally I hate assholes coming to my door selling stuff that I dont want anyway and had doubts about doing this to other people and I threw in the towel after one day and currently out of work again. Well thats my little addon to this thread, avoid Capitol Meats the truck I was driving the freezer was off alot of the time and the dude training me would have some boxes of the meat out for a hour at a time and put it back in the freezer when CUSTOMERS didnt want any!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom