• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    ‪#‎ShareAlert‬ ‪#‎WantedSubject‬ Escaped from Dorsey Run Correctional Facility

See the below information from our friends @DPSCS (MD Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services) regarding an escapee from the Dorsey Run Correctional Facility. DPSCS is handling the information distribution. Call 9-1-1 immediately with information on the escapee's whereabouts.

DORSEY RUN CORRECTIONAL FACILITY ESCAPE NOTIFICATION

TOWSON, MD (March 31, 2014) - A minimum security inmate escaped from Dorsey Run Correctional Facility (DRCF) at approximately 4:50am on Monday morning. A preliminary investigation shows minimum security inmate Larence Godfrey scaled a perimeter fence by covering razor wire atop the fence with blankets.

Facility staff noticed the blankets covering the razor wire at approximately 6:15AM. Dorsey Run security staff immediately initiated an emergency inmate count. At approximately 7:42AM inmate Godfrey was identified as missing.

He was last seen on 295 North near Route 100 between 7:20AM to 7:40AM. The Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services’ Warrant Apprehension Unit is actively searching for the inmate. Both Anne Arundel County Police and Maryland State Police were immediately notified and are searching as well. DPSCS’ Internal Investigative Unit is at DRCF investigating the incident.

Godfrey was sentenced in Prince George’s County Circuit Court in 2002 for attempted murder. His expected release date is in October 2016.

Anyone with information on this offender should call 911.

https://m.facebook.com/aacopd/posts/10152347644928395:0

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Attempted murder conviction and minimum security. Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Marylanders don't need shall-issue or regular capacity magazines. The state is working hard to keep the citizens safe.

michaera

Love me some freedom.
    Jan 10, 2014
    Just looked up this guy's rap sheet on the MD Judiciary Case search site. He started with carjacking, assault, and theft when he was 15 (case # 2E00111540).

What the posting doesn't give is a description. From court records, he's 5'5" and 120 lbs. Could this be the latest and greatest info? Probably not. But looking for a short, lean black guy is a start.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Maryland's new "Self-Esteem Building Prison Fencing" due to replace barbed wire.

Police-Line-Tape-Do-Not-Cross-psd66.png

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Why don't they issue an amber alert type of thing for something like this?
    (Besides the fact that they don't want to look bad)

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Why don't they issue an amber alert type of thing for something like this?
    (Besides the fact that they don't want to look bad)

Well I mean it's only an escaped attempted murderer. Not anything to get all worked up about, like someone who received a misdemeanor PBJ at 18 and went to try to buy a handgun 20 law-abiding years later.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    The inability of our government to make wise choices never ceases to amaze me. Quite a while ago I was a Corrections Officer in Montgomery County and occasionally got my favorite road crew assignment. One day while running the road crew I am speaking to an inmate named Jimmy on the road crew who proceeds to tell me that he was in for kidnapping, robbery, and attempted murder. He was sent to Jessup to serve his 10 year sentence and filed for sentence reconsideration. The judge reduced his sentence and sent him back to Montgomery County to finish his new sentence of only 18 months. Meanwhile he brings all this up because I had him on the side of the road cleaning up trash in the same damn neighborhood where he committed his kidnapping, robbery, attempted murder. No one informed me of any of this in advance. How does this sh1t happen? Let me answer that for you. Correctional Counselors who are mostly bleeding heart liberals classify inmates. This classification has everything to do with where and how they spend their time in jail/prison. If this liberal counselor buys the convicts BS story about how bad life has been to him he makes it onto road crew or to minimum security even if he is a kidnapper or rapist. One of these counselors where I worked even married a former inmate and was allowed to keep her job. I forgot how infuriating some of this stuff was until I just thought about it. Judges/Juries/LEO's, and Corrections Officers have nothing to do with inmate classification. I have seen inmates assault staff and shortly after convince a counselor they should return to General Population. The sh1t that happens behind jail and prison walls would blow your mind.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    He'll be back in the clink soon enough - the question is, will it be before he manages to victimize someone else?

michaera

Love me some freedom.
    Jan 10, 2014
    5'8"
    140 lbs

Where did you get height and weight from? The source I used had him listed as 5'5" and 120 to 124 lbs. Not trying to get into a pissing match, just want to see if there are better sources out there.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Well I mean it's only an escaped attempted murderer. Not anything to get all worked up about, like someone who received a misdemeanor PBJ at 18 and went to try to buy a handgun 20 law-abiding years later.

Remember this is the PRoMD, his attempted murder conviction could easily have been the result of make a gun from a poptart, pointing it at some self ascribed VIP, and make a bang noise.

Rob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom