• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JasonD67

Jan 23, 2021
    Annapolis
    I just recently (late winter) got back into sporting clays. Last time I shot was maybe 20 years ago. I went up to Joel Etchens and finally got the O/U I always lusted after.

It was a bad time to get back into shooting to be sure, but ammo availability and pricing seem to be going in the right direction. 20 years ago I think I was paying maybe $5 a box for target loads. I'm sure the prices went up since then, but not as much as they have in the Great Ammo Crisis of 2020. My question is how much were target loads going for in 2019 before all this mess started? I want to get a feel for how the price stands today.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I just recently (late winter) got back into sporting clays. Last time I shot was maybe 20 years ago. I went up to Joel Etchens and finally got the O/U I always lusted after.

It was a bad time to get back into shooting to be sure, but ammo availability and pricing seem to be going in the right direction. 20 years ago I think I was paying maybe $5 a box for target loads. I'm sure the prices went up since then, but not as much as they have in the Great Ammo Crisis of 2020. My question is how much were target loads going for in 2019 before all this mess started? I want to get a feel for how the price stands today.

Anywhere from $5-$10 per box. Prices haven’t gone crazy on them.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    As recently as last October/November, Walmart had the 100pk birdshot loads for between 1998 and 2398, depending on gauge, make and shot size. And usually in stock. (5-550/25cnt)

Like all other ammo, stock of shells had been hit. The last 6 months have seen shells as empty as other stuff.

Currently, our local county range is selling 12/8shot for 750/25 limit 2. One of the workers said they’re getting a little more in each shipment. Hope stores start getting that as well.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Bass Pro today had Herters for $7.99/box $74.99/case and Remmy Gun Club for $8.99/box $84.99/case.

JasonD67

Jan 23, 2021
    Annapolis
    Thanks everyone...looks like things are starting to return to a semblance of normalcy. At least you can buy target loads now and the prices aren't that bad. Four months ago that was not the case.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Bass Pro today had Herters for $7.99/box $74.99/case and Remmy Gun Club for $8.99/box $84.99/case.

To answer the OP, this could regularly be found on sale for $5.99/box. Regular price would have been $6.99-$7.50ish.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    I bought flats of generic 12 gauge and 16 gauge (Pink Federals, Gun Clubs, Remington Game Loads, Herters, Estate) when they hit close to 5 bucks a box. STS and AA's were more and Federal Papers were about 10 bucks so expensive but they smell so good

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom