• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Requirement to not use a holster.
    Since you’re already familiar with SC I really think you will like these.

I will definitely check it out, I'd just rather draw from a holster. It also makes a convenient place to hold my gun when I'm not shooting. :innocent0

gpfan

Dec 6, 2014
    Sykesville, MD
    I will definitely check it out, I'd just rather draw from a holster. It also makes a convenient place to hold my gun when I'm not shooting. :innocent0

Sorry for the confusion. You may certainly holster your gun at the safe table or after “Hammer Down, Holster” command and carry it that way when not shooting. Just that each string will not be surrender position holster draw start but rather Low Ready start. Please, if you’d rather carry the empty gun in the holster as in any other SC match, that’s perfectly fine.

Does that clear it up?

gpfan

Dec 6, 2014
    Sykesville, MD
    One more quick question: How many 10-shot magazines are needed? Is there time to reload mags?

Preferably 5 magazines (5 strings). But if you have less, coordinate with someone else to reload your mags during the string to keep things moving. (If you try to reload your mags yourself between strings your squad mates might get annoyed. ;) ) In that case minimum of 3 magazines are recommended.

snake-eye

Jan 27, 2015
    MD
    Is preregistration required or can one just show up and sign up to shoot. Can one sign up for rimfire and center fire at a match.

gpfan

Dec 6, 2014
    Sykesville, MD

gpfan

Dec 6, 2014
    Sykesville, MD
    Match is still on for tomorrow. Walk-ons are welcome if your schedule changes. 1:30pm registration, 2pm hammer down.
    4 outlaw steel challenge format stages.

gpfan

Dec 6, 2014
    Sykesville, MD
    In consideration of the ammo issues we're all feeling, these next 2 matches, Feb 27 & Mar 13, will each consist of a 6 stage "Main Match" with an option to allow folks who want to shoot only 4 stages, if limited by ammo, to do so.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom