• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    The last thing I want to see is angry citizenry walking around with rifles anywhere.

Were you there last year ? I didnt see 1 angry person , upset for what they were trying to do but not angry. With all those "evil guns" not 1 person was shot and we left the area cleaner than when we arrived.

Sadly this year I will be out of the area and wont be able to attend

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    The last thing I want to see is angry citizenry walking around with rifles anywhere.

So basically... You are against the Constitution of the United States of America. Well, unless it is you.

Noone said they were angry. That is a personal interpretation.

Kinda like a Government of the People by the People for the People. :innocent0

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I was there last year and everyone seemed really happy. I would guess it'll be the same this year too.

If I wasn't working, I'd be there.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I hate to piss in anyone's Wheaties, but...

When is 2021 MD LOBBY DAY in Annapolis?

I have seen nothing for this year so far. Have y'all forgotten where you live? Or are you afraid?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    In all honesty I don't believe that this "rally" is actually going to take place. I don't think that the powers that be in Richmond are going to allow anyone close to the State House grounds and use covid-19 as an excuse for it.

I'm also a little disgusted by the way this whole event is being planned logistically. The governor mandates no large gatherings because of the virus. His mandate is a violation of our constitutional right to peacefully assemble. The Virginia citizens defense league has decided to obey his unconstitutional mandate and only drive around inside the area of the state house grounds. I don't understand the mentality of yes we will comply with your unconstitutional mandate but we are fighting for our second amendment rights.. it just seems like a big contradiction to me. If you're going to fight for your second amendment rights why wouldn't you fight for your first amendment rights and show up en mass on the State House grounds anyway?

The leadership of the vcdl has already shown me that they are fairly cowardly.. telling people to destroy their black rifles if the legislature passes an assault weapons bill kind of put a bad taste in my mouth. I'll think about it but no promises.

Come on down, trust me, you'll have a blast. If nothing else the camraderie of like minded folks is worth the trip.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    What are the laws regarding non-resident participants open carrying, or even possessing, long rifles/AR-15s in VA?

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    What are the laws regarding non-resident participants open carrying, or even possessing, long rifles/AR-15s in VA?

There is another thread about the caravans that are taking place in lieu of the rally. Governor BlackFace and his people got the Lobby Day rally bumped off the daily schedule by breaking the rules regarding permitting. Details are on the VCDL website. https://www.vcdl.org/

From the VCDL announcement:

What if I want to park my vehicle and walk around Richmond armed?

While VCDL is not holding an event in Richmond, you are certainly allowed to park your car and walk around the City armed if you wish. Carry signs if you wish, too. The Richmond ordinance banning guns at a permitted event only applies if:

1. It is a permitted event or should have been a permitted event - you walking around Richmond is neither. Regardless of how many people decide to do so at the same time, it is irrelevant as long as they are not doing it as some kind of a coordinated effort
    2. There must be "no guns" signs posted by the City and they can only post those signs temporarily for permitted events.

NOTES IF YOU ARE CARRYING A RIFLE OR A HANDGUN:

If you are planning to travel with a rifle or a handgun, either as a resident or a non-resident, please ensure you are aware of the applicable gun-laws. The Virginia State Police website has some good information on transporting firearms (https://www.vsp.virginia.gov/Firearms_Transporting.shtm).

For those with 'scary' black rifles or with certain handguns, please maintain awareness of Virginia code 18.2-287.4 "Carrying loaded firearms in public areas prohibited" found at https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title18.2/chapter7/section18.2-287.4/. Basically, if you are planning to carry a loaded, center-fire rifle or handgun with a threaded barrel, a folding stock (rifle only), or with a magazine in the gun that holds MORE than 20 rounds in Richmond, you must have a valid concealed handgun permit (all non-resident concealed carry permits are honored by Virginia).

Except as specified in the previous paragraph, open carry of a long gun or a handgun does not require a permit in Virginia. If you have a permit, only handguns can be carried concealed, NOT long guns.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Got my flag.

Trumprambo_edited-1_600x.jpg

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    So how do you think today's events will influence Lobby Day? Everyone still feel comfortable walking around with a rifle? Carrying flags? How does this change public perception? Is every white guy with a flag now a target?

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    So how do you think today's events will influence Lobby Day? Everyone still feel comfortable walking around with a rifle? Carrying flags? How does this change public perception? Is every white guy with a flag now a target?

Fair question. So when does the entire Constitution become an underground hobby?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    It was a slim chance i could have attended , but to me the events cements my thoughts i can not attend . And yes to the aggressive members here , i am a flat out ***** . But i have a family to attend to plus with advanced planning George Soros and his paid minions could come and mess my day up .

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It was a slim chance i could have attended , but to me the events cements my thoughts i can not attend . And yes to the aggressive members here , i am a flat out ***** . But i have a family to attend to plus with advanced planning George Soros and his paid minions could come and mess my day up .

And it will have a total of exactly ZERO effect on the MGA. They have effectively quashed any meaningful testimony being heard.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    And it will have a total of exactly ZERO effect on the MGA. They have effectively quashed any meaningful testimony being heard.

I hear you as soon as it got to lots of people they made it harder to testify .They could not care any less about us . We should just die as far as they are concerned

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I hear you as soon as it got to lots of people they made it harder to testify .They could not care any less about us . We should just die as far as they are concerned

So where's the class action suit to overturn that? It's obvious citizen participation suppression. Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom