Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > The Depot
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old January 9th, 2021, 12:29 PM #11

My buddy got the Charles Daly semi 12 gauge. I was mainly interested in the colt official police revolver with 2 barrels. I want another wheel gun, and I want another colt. I legit thought I won it, stopped checking and someone snagged it from my last second. I prematurely celebrated the new addition to the family. However I’m not too upset, I’ll find something else to adopt soon.
2ndatrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2021, 06:12 PM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndatrades View Post
My buddy got the Charles Daly semi 12 gauge. I was mainly interested in the colt official police revolver with 2 barrels. I want another wheel gun, and I want another colt. I legit thought I won it, stopped checking and someone snagged it from my last second. I prematurely celebrated the new addition to the family. However Iím not too upset, Iíll find something else to adopt soon.
Yeah, you have to keep your eye on their auctions because any bid that comes in within the last minute resets the clock and adds another 2min 30 seconds to the lot. That way there's no real "bid sniping" but if you don't watch it until the very end and it says "closing" someone can step in, put in a bid, and hope you've moved on and don't see the clock reset.

What did the Charles Daly go for?

I was bidding on the Mass Arms 12ga single which appears to be one of the Maynard-built guns from either in the early part of the Stevens takeover, or just right before (not a Maynard-type action, but not a standard Stevens gun pattern either). It was early in the auction though (#6), and I really don't have much practical use for a single-barrel 12ga, so I stopped chasing when it got up to $80 as there was no point in throwing money that could bolster my bid on the English double (Likely a from a Birmingham house). Parts would be difficult to find if anything was bad on it as well.

I also threw in some bids on the absolute beater H&R and Stevens singles that were missing the forends. Those are easy enough to find, but the crowns were so jacked that it's going to take some work to get them working. The Stevens had a hose clamp holding the stock to the tang. I was hoping to snag it cheap (sub $40) so I could practice some techniques on it (rust bluing, cutting and re-crowning the muzzle, etc.) but someone else thought it was worth more than that.
tallen702 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2021, 07:33 PM #13

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallen702 View Post
Then you weren't looking close enough at a couple of the items on there. Somebody absolutely stole that H&K .22 trainer kit for close to half of what they've sold for at other auctions recently.

A member on this board grabbed a very rare rifle for less than they've been going elsewhere as well.

On my end, I grabbed a set of CT grips for a song, a nice English double-gun for far less than they've been getting at other auctions and a reasonable price on a pattern 1907 bayo for the SMLE.

The Parker Bros. GH Grade shotgun went for about what it was worth, but that Evans cased .410 is a bespoke gun that commands about 2-3x what was paid for it in more visible auctions. There were definitely some deals to be had.
No disrespect, but what you or someone else may be interested in purchasing doesn't necessarily align with my interests. Didn't say there weren't any deals or bargains, just nothing of interest to me at the prices available. Glad you or anyone else were able to procure some bargains though.
"They? Why, they is the plain and fancy they, that's who they is. Caught you, didn't they? Tied a tin can to your tail. Led you in and waltzed you out again. Oh my what a bunch. Big tough ones, hunh? Here you are with a hand full of holes, a thumb up your ass, and a big grin to pass the time of day with. They? Who the hell is they?" - geezer from Wild Bunch
todbiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2021, 11:22 PM #14

The Charles Daly went for 300
2ndatrades is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > The Depot

Tags
ammo, auction, rifle, sales, shotgun