• Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Put in my renewal 3/3.
    Uploaded range certificate 3/8.
    Got email permit mailed 3/21.
    I think I got lucky.
    If I may ask, what was the listed expiration date for your emailed renewal permit?: Two years from the date of issuance of your renewal, or two years from the date of expiration of your current permit? Thanks!

jcarte29

Aug 29, 2022
    Charlotte, NC
    Submitted my CCW on Tue 9/13, got picture and fingerprinted there. They told me 90 days. Has that been about the average? Any hope for sooner than Christmas? lol

CZ Peasy

Jun 29, 2012
    If I may ask, what was the listed expiration date for your emailed renewal permit?: Two years from the date of issuance of your renewal, or two years from the date of expiration of your current permit? Thanks!
    My renewal expiration was two years from the renewal issuance. I applied 3 months early. They turned it around quickly (30 days?) which was nice but then I lost two months of permit time.

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    Submitted my CCW on Tue 9/13, got picture and fingerprinted there. They told me 90 days. Has that been about the average? Any hope for sooner than Christmas? lol
    I emailed them the other day asking for an update on an application submitted 6/24.

They actually emailed back which was a big surprise.

Said it's a 90 day process and will get an email once approved.

Others on the DCGuns subreddit have seen the time be anywhere from 55-90 days.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    My renewal expiration was two years from the renewal issuance. I applied 3 months early. They turned it around quickly (30 days?) which was nice but then I lost two months of permit time.
    Appreciate the info! That's exactly what I was curious about. I got my DC CCW Renewal application in a few weeks ago and my confirmation email said it would be approved/denied within 60 days. Assuming they come through on that at the 60 day mark, I'll have a buffer of about a week before my current permit's expiration date. I hope they take longer than 30 and less than 60!

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    Appreciate the info! That's exactly what I was curious about. I got my DC CCW Renewal application in a few weeks ago and my confirmation email said it would be approved/denied within 60 days. Assuming they come through on that at the 60 day mark, I'll have a buffer of about a week before my current permit's expiration date. I hope they take longer than 30 and less than 60!
    Glad i popped in here. My renewal was forwarded to "background" on 8/31. I was gonna reach back out to see what the turn around time was. Pre covid you could hang around for an hour and they'd have it ready.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    I emailed them the other day asking for an update on an application submitted 6/24.

They actually emailed back which was a big surprise.

Said it's a 90 day process and will get an email once approved.

Others on the DCGuns subreddit have seen the time be anywhere from 55-90 days.
    I was told 60 days. When I called to check after 60 days, I was then told it was actually 60 business days. :lol2:

SigNerd

Feb 24, 2015
    Submitted my initial application on 6/30, got it preliminarily approved today (so 2 days short of their 90 day deadline).

Sent in my training paperwork 30 minutes later and then called to ask a question about the preliminary letter saying I had to come back in to sign (apparently that's just wrong and all signing is done at the initial appointment). In the process of the call, though, the person said they didn't receive my email with the documentation, so it's a good thing I called since I would just assume more dragging of feet from no response. I resent the documentation from a standard gmail address and they sent the final approval about an hour later.

It seems that if you're using an email address with a custom domain their email server blocks receipt (even if using google workspace for email services). They can send out to you, but they won't see what you send back. Which explains why it came in preliminarily in the first place as I sent all the documentation in around day 20. So use a standard domain (gmail.com, yahoo.com, outlook.com, etc) email address instead of your custom one when applying.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    My DC Renewal just came through and it shows an expiration of two years from the renewal issue date. I lost a few weeks of permit time, but I'm glad I played it safe to give them a little over 60 days to get it processed. That's how DC rolls. Sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom