• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    I have been looking for Cold War era handguns. I found a CZ 75 compact. “Made in Czechoslovakia”. I tried searching the forum and the Handgun roster, but couldn’t find an answer. Does anyone know if the CZ 75 compact is MD legal.

I think it is, but just want to be sure first.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I have been looking for Cold War era handguns. I found a CZ 75 compact. “Made in Czechoslovakia”. I tried searching the forum and the Handgun roster, but couldn’t find an answer. Does anyone know if the CZ 75 compact is MD legal.

I think it is, but just want to be sure first.

Are you saying that you found a specific one manufactured during the cold war era, or you found out about them and are looking to buy one?

If you're looking for a current production one, they come in several flavors, just like the full sized one.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Are you saying that you found a specific one manufactured during the cold war era, or you found out about them and are looking to buy one?

If you're looking for a current production one, they come in several flavors, just like the full sized one.
    They have a commemorative.

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    I look on the roster but didn’t see compact. Thank you John!! Clearly I can’t read.

I want ones manufactured during the Cold War. Technically the one I saw was manufactured in 1993, but it’s close enough. I saw the Commemorative one and really love it.

I just like pistols made during the Cold War, and wanted to start a collection. I really like H&k’s but I just graduated and can’t afford them. Maybe later.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I look on the roster but didn’t see compact. Thank you John!! Clearly I can’t read.

I want ones manufactured during the Cold War. Technically the one I saw was manufactured in 1993, but it’s close enough. I saw the Commemorative one and really love it.

I just like pistols made during the Cold War, and wanted to start a collection. I really like H&k’s but I just graduated and can’t afford them. Maybe later.

The reason I asked is that they claim to have made a lot of advances in manufacturing in more recent models, specifically in development and testing of the P01 (a compact variant), and they applied those changes to other models as well. I have a PCR (Police, Czech Republic) , which is another compact model and love it.

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    The reason I asked is that they claim to have made a lot of advances in manufacturing in more recent models, specifically in development and testing of the P01 (a compact variant), and they applied those changes to other models as well. I have a PCR (Police, Czech Republic) , which is another compact model and love it.

I don’t think it is the compact. I think it’s full sized. But I still think it looks awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom