• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Just in from VCDL:

Short notice on this item, which was caught by our Watch Team for Local Government team leader:

Tonight, November 17, the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors will be considering whether to move forward with local gun-control, similar, but not identical to what the other tyrannical localities in NoVA have done. So, no carry in local government buildings, parks, and recreation and community centers. No exception for CHP holders in the proposed draft, either.

The item in question is XII. 4. on the agenda.

If the Board decides to move forward with restrictions, there will be public notice and the Board will vote on the ordinance in a future meeting. If the Board wants changes made, then the modified version will come up at a future meeting and the Board will then decide whether to move forward with public notice and a future vote.

ACTION ITEMS

There are two public comment periods. It's too late to speak at the first one, which starts at 5 pm and is a pretty restrictive comment period anyway. The second comment period starts at 6 pm at the earliest and runs up to 1-1/2 hours. You can sign up in advance for the second comment period by calling: 703-777-0200.

It would be nice to flood that comment period with opposition to local gun-control.

You can email the entire Board of Supervisors to object to local gun-control using this email address: bos@loudoun.gov.

If you wish to attend in person, the meeting is located at:

Loudoun County Government Center
    Board Room
    First floor
    1 Harrison Street, S.E.
    Leesburg, VA 20175

Information on attending electronically: https://www.loudoun.gov/remoteparticipation

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    well looks like they voted to keep the gun ban bill, next hearing in december. what a bunch of bs. i just don't see how these aholes feel good in stripping our right to self-defense. and surely they know the criminals won't be following these laws so all they're doing is screwing law-abiding citizens. i keep telling the board that if they're really concerned about preventing deaths, they should ban cell phones and alcohol to decrease distracted and drunk driving deaths but apparently those deaths are just a-ok.

well looks like they voted to keep the gun ban bill, next hearing in december. what a bunch of bs. i just don't see how these aholes feel good in stripping our right to self-defense. and surely they know the criminals won't be following these laws so all they're doing is screwing law-abiding citizens. i keep telling the board that if they're really concerned about preventing deaths, they should ban cell phones and alcohol to decrease distracted and drunk driving deaths but apparently those deaths are just a-ok.

They are only stripping rights because gun owners in Virginia let them...the more gun owners wring their hands and do nothing, the more infringement will come...FACT...(writing letters and holding rallies at this point is the same as doing nothing.)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    They are only stripping rights because gun owners in Virginia let them...the more gun owners wring their hands and do nothing, the more infringement will come...FACT...(writing letters and holding rallies at this point is the same as doing nothing.)

When do you lead the siege on City Hall?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    FACT...(writing letters and holding rallies at this point is the same as doing nothing.)

i pretty much agree with this, a dem majority got voted in and they're going to run with their bs dem policies, but i still can't figure out why at the state level they didn't enact everything they wrote up. did letters and rallies help?

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    i pretty much agree with this, a dem majority got voted in and they're going to run with their bs dem policies, but i still can't figure out why at the state level they didn't enact everything they wrote up. did letters and rallies help?

I personally believe they did. There were a few senators that recognized that they couldn't justify ramming through all of these bans in the face of such overwhelming opposition. Especially since virtually zero deaths are attributable to "assault rifles." Honestly, I think it's just a tiny but vocal constituency that pushes for more gun control (menopausal women, cucks and old spinsters in the making) - the vast majority of people simply don't care one way or another.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I personally believe they did. There were a few senators that recognized that they couldn't justify ramming through all of these bans in the face of such overwhelming opposition. Especially since virtually zero deaths are attributable to "assault rifles." Honestly, I think it's just a tiny but vocal constituency that pushes for more gun control (menopausal women, cucks and old spinsters in the making) - the vast majority of people simply don't care one way or another.

Many VA Dems are from the less urban areas, and would like to be re-elected.

Letters and in-person visits are pretty potent motivators for legislators who may be vulnerable.

FWIW, a hand-written letter is ten times more effective than a printed one, and a hundred times more powerful than an email blast to the whole legislative body.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    VCDL news regarding Tuesday's meeting.

Here's their summary; each point is discussed in detail in the link below:

1. Loudoun County Board of Supervisors vote to move to have public hearing on local gun-control proposal
    2. ACTION ITEM: Fairfax County slips semi-automatic rifle and magazine-capacity ban into legislative agenda for General Assembly
    4. ACTION ITEM: Public notice of Norfolk 2nd Amendment ordinance published in paper
    5. VCDL Lobby Day and members in CBS documentary "Gun Fight"
    6. Cable provider to have 24/7 2A channel and VCDL will be part of it!
    7. Attack on 2A in Congress: record number of gun-control bills filed
    8. Will Biden be able to pass his crippling gun-tax?
    9. Support for gun control declines to lowest levels in years
    10. Northam and Giffords dancing in the blood of helpless massacre-victims
    11. No arrests made during armed rally in Richmond
    12. Attorney General Herring pats himself on the back for winning a case on a mere technicality
    13. "Independent" news outlet secretly funded by Michael Bloomberg and Everytown
    14. Everytown is terrified that Amy Comey Barrett will be a great 2A judge
    15. VCDL has been saying this for years: police chiefs are not all cops
    16. BATFE plotting gun control with the Biden team
    17. Just for fun: Rube Goldberg Machine with a shotgun
    18. 2021 Traveler’s Guide Mail-order Sale and Deadline (and FREE???)
    19. The VCDL Fulfillment Center(FC) is Raising Prices
    20. VCDL has been supporting the King George 4H Shotgun Team and they have done very well this year

https://mailchi.mp/f11394510839/va-...folk-and-fairfax-co-action-items?e=414e284dbd

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom