• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    I was watching Mr. Gunsngear on YouTube and he reviewed this rifle. He gave it a very good review. It’s a Stag Arms Retro AR15 with removable carry handle.

Review:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mdzNr5jQoNE

On Stag’s website it has an MSRP of $899, but is currently on sale for $574.99 with free shipping and no tax. They even give you a free Ambi-charging Handle.

The rifle is mil-spec in most regards and they offer an “Infinite shot” barrel warranty, where they will replace your barrel if you wear it out, no matter how many rounds.

I always wanted a old fashioned M-16 looking AR (I know it isn’t a exact match). For this price, you can’t go wrong.

Rifle link:

https://www.stagarms.com/stag-15-retro/

Last edited:

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    They could at least put on triangular handguards if they're calling it "retro".

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    That’s Not Retro. This is Retro.....

D669383C-2435-4395-92FB-A822FC08C907.jpg

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Might be a good candidate for that black Friday lower.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
      Capture.jpg
      28.5 KB · Views: 634

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I laugh a little when they say retro. When I think retro I think SP1 with a pencil barrel.

That's a nice kit for the money and 1/8 is good. I would order one if I hadn't just bought two Colt HBARs and have an older J&T/Doublestar build that I use a lot and will be making more "retro".

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Retro can be relative , and AR's have been around long enough to have more than one era of Retro .

BUT , any kind of Retro would have to have a fixed carry handle .

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    It's getting hard to find an A2 upper these days. Sure, Stag could do it, but maybe not at a Black Friday price.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    This looks a lot like my Stag. They called it "Model 4" back then, I really like the rifle. And I have to agree retro is relative, when I first join the service I was issued a old M-16. It had the old pronged muzzle flash. Then we got the newer version the A2. I remember them coming out of the wooden shipping crates and we even got the manual for them. I still got mine.

JoshN

Jan 23, 2013
    Maryland until I escape
    I find it funny how many sellers call any AR build with a removable carry handle an A2. Just because you put A2 handguard on it it does not make it an A2. More A4 than anything (as issued my first A4 had A2 handguards, updated later to the modular types). It does become frustrating to a degree if you are in fact looking for that A2 configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom