• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I've only ever hunted on private land (MD) and now i'm looking at expanding out to VA, particularly for coyote hunting.

I sent an email to VA DNR because i can't verify if i need a license or which license i need to hunt coyote as a non-resident. Some states require hunting, some require fur-barring.. some require both (iowa).

Does anyone have any experience in this? I'm looking for probably a 3-7 day hunting trip (pending success/joy).

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    VA doesn't have a separate permit for furbearers on top of the regular hunting license like there are for deer/turkey and bears.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    VA doesn't have a separate permit for furbearers on top of the regular hunting license like there are for deer/turkey and bears.

This is the qualification i was looking for. Thanks much!

Aim small miss small.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Just remember you'll need to add the $5 National Forest permit if you want to hunt there. There's 2 million acres to enjoy and plenty of coyotes.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Just remember you'll need to add the $5 National Forest permit if you want to hunt there. There's 2 million acres to enjoy and plenty of coyotes.

fantastic. do you know if you can camp there? as in... off the beaten path not just a "primitive camp site" but.. go out a ways and camp then hunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom